• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Intermediate axel

I appreciate that but I'm in NC so that would be quite the trip for some parts haha
  2. Intermediate axel

I'll keep that in mind. It's not my DD so right now it's parked and will stay that way until I get everything back together
  3. Intermediate axel

I was confused about the electric locking hubs I was reading/ thinking about something else at the time it got jumbled in there by accident. Intermediate shaft is definitely gone. All I've got on the right side is a empty tube with bearings that the intermediate shaft rides on. I cleaned and...
  4. Intermediate axel

Haha yeah that would be ideal. If I had everything I needed I would go ahead and do it. Right now it's just not in the cards. $ is part of it but the main obstacle is time. Its the busiest time of year for me right now and trying to source all the parts and actually doing the work ain't...
  5. Intermediate axel

Yeah after I started getting into it I was thinking the same thing. The ring and pinion are still in there and I couldn't see any issues through the oil fill hole or the short side axel tube with my snake camera but that doesn't mean there isn't some. The local JY has an explorer and a ranger...
  6. Intermediate axel

Yeah at this point I think I'm going to end up dropping the entire thing it doesn't look like it's ever been taken out but that really doesn't mean anything. He said "it has bad hubs" that's why he removed what he did. I found out after the purchase with more research that a 99 rangers hubs if...
  7. Intermediate axel

Correct it's the SLA. On the left it's a male/male splined CV axle on the passenger side it's male on the outside and a female on the inside or axle side. Inside of the axle on the passenger side/long side there is supposed to be a male/male splined shaft one side goes into the diff the other...
  8. Intermediate axel

Hey new member here. I bought a 99 Ranger 4x4 manual 4.0L. I knew going in the 4wd didn't work P.O. had pulled the CV axles out and was driving it around. Anyway I got into it Sunday and found out the intermediate axel was also removed. My plan was to go with explorer hubs and CV axles for...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad