• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RangerGord

question on valve springs, RPM limits

I tried but no matter how hard I throw it into 1st it just waits until I slow down. I manually shift in and out of the driveway now, but everyone at home still makes fun of me for my tiny left leg.
  2. RangerGord

question on valve springs, RPM limits

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong but I think the straight and conicals have a very low seat pressure in our application. Although the conical springs should be able to tolerate float better and take more lift before coil bind, less weight, etc.... I think its a negligible difference...
  3. RangerGord

Porting head. Any good tips?

I have a FFV but corn goes to cows and we gotta keep the trash cans full of fast food cheeseburgers or else the homeless in king county will starve, or worse, have to work to buy food. I used to go get a few cans of ethanol free and fill up with e85 at this place called airport depot and now I...
  4. RangerGord

My dads 82 F150 (long)

Not much has been done for it since my uncle gave it to my dad in the early 90's, it sat for nearly a decade at one point. I think my uncle had taken care of it fairly well which is a shame. I've thrown a lot of parts at it as I could afford them, but after 40 years it needs everything. The...
  5. RangerGord

Thanks for the link, just what I needed! I know I've seen this book before too and had forgotten about it, it's full of handy info. I'll do some reading and pick up some more grindy stuff in a few days. Just as soon as I can leave the watchtower. Instructions unclear, but may possibly give my...
  6. RangerGord

Thanks that's good info. That name sounds really familiar, petroleumjunkie. I know this has been discussed before in various places and i'm still trying to search and research on my own as well. I checked out Moranas 3.0 page again and some of it is new to me, but the picture of his stage 3...
  7. RangerGord

New to this. Just started on the exhaust side. I'm a little sketched out by opening the intake ports up more and getting into the chambers, but I may try it after I get more comfortable. Look at the fat booger in here! I will try to mimic this on all cylinders before I do any more or polish...
  8. RangerGord

Hello

Been driving a 1999 4x4 3.0l for 11 years and it's still running great. I realize I drive a turd, but I enjoy modifications or improving upon anything I can. Now that I have another car, i just want to tinker with the Ranger. I considered an engine/trans swap but it's just not for me right now...
  9. RangerGord

throttle body size

Tb is 52mm and there are little Orings on the throttle shaft IIRC. A composite manifold is easier to swap an escape 60mm onto, but a bit more work. Here's a picture of an original 52mm I was grinding on versus the 56mm BBK I found, I don't have a 60mm sorry.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad