• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Battery light on all the time but truck seems fine?

Sorry for lack of follow-up. It was the alternator. I replaced it and all the issues went away. Thanks for the help!
  2. Battery light on all the time but truck seems fine?

interesting - thanks! any recommendation on which alternators to avoid?
  3. Battery light on all the time but truck seems fine?

went out to the car. 9v at the battery - car won't start. boosted it. after a minute, hovers around 12.6.. if i crank the engine, goes up to 14.1 or so. if i turn on accessories it goes to around 11.2 and then starts falling. is this regulator again? considering i just swapped it, is there a...
  4. Battery light on all the time but truck seems fine?

Battery was around 9-10v. Wouldn't start. Boosted. After running for a couple minutes, village is 12.6 . If I crank engine, good up to 14.1. with accessories on, 11.1 and falling. Is it regulator again? Could there be a condition that's frying the regulator?
  5. Battery light on all the time but truck seems fine?

ok will let you know when i test
  6. Battery light on all the time but truck seems fine?

yeah i've done this test in the past (see video above) and it was not meeting these requirements. I'll test again but I know that with key off, it's been less than 12. If it is a charging/current problem, would might it be? I had the battery tested at an advance auto parts before i got the new...
  7. Battery light on all the time but truck seems fine?

so some updates on this. I installed the regulator, battery light turned off. I had the battery die twice but then took a long ride and everything has been fine for about 2 months. 2 days ago, i was messing around with FORScan on my laptop and had the key in the 'on' position for a while without...
  8. Would a 2010 key fob work with 2003?

my key doesn't fit in the door.... it starts the car and operates the airbag switch but not the doors.. i got the truck used so i have no idea the history.. changing cylinders seems like a pain in the ass
  9. Would a 2010 key fob work with 2003?

i didnt realize these cars even had pats.. i just hate the dangle of key/fob combo.. would like to combine into one
  10. Would a 2010 key fob work with 2003?

would love to replace my cheesy fob with the integrated one that came on 2010+ https://www.keyfobmall.com/2010-Ford-Ranger-Key-Fob-with-3-Buttons-p/2010-ford-ranger-793-3b-key.htm are they compatible? what's the process to duplicating/programming?
  11. Rear sway bar?

I recently got a 2003 b4000 and noticed there's no rear sway bar. As far as I understand, there are a number that would fit but I also don't know whether the necessary mounting points / hardware is there or not. can someone point me to the correct parts needed to get this done? thanks!
  12. Front/Rear sway bar part numbers? or best compatible?

Hi, I have a 2003 B4000 4x4. I don't think it has any sway bars installed at all so I'm looking to retrofit as the handling leaves a bit to be desired.. I was looking at the guides and they say a lot of the parts are interchangeable but I am having a hard time figuring out exactly which parts I...
  13. Battery light on all the time but truck seems fine?

i ordered a regulator.. we'll see what happens. if that doesn't do it, i'll swap the alternator. thanks!
  14. Battery light on all the time but truck seems fine?

btw. lights / AC turn on around 1:30
  15. Battery light on all the time but truck seems fine?

OK so the light did go off when I unplugged the 3-wire connector. I then did a voltage test on the system which you can see in the video below. Basically, when it's idling and accessories (lights/AC) are on, voltage drops to around 12 - 12.5. With what I'm seeing above, I guess bad regulator...
  16. Battery light on all the time but truck seems fine?

@RonD You're a legend. Thanks for all this info. will check!
  17. HELP - long crank on start - tried everything

so this is strange.. i've been working on replacing my seats so the car was off for like a week or 2.. i did have a bluetooth obd2 scanner plugged in all the time.. anyway.. suddenly i find that the car starts just fine. i thought maybe something weird with grounding via obd2 .. disconnected...
  18. Battery light on all the time but truck seems fine?

When I previously tried it, i'd get normal readings except at idle it would be a bit low (mid-13's).. So like 12.5 engine off, 13.5-13.7 at idle, and 14.5 above 1k rpm or so.. i can check again tho
  19. Battery light on all the time but truck seems fine?

I've had the battery light on for at least a month.. probably more. I did have some weird issues with cold starts but they seemed to have gone away now. In any case, truck starts, battery doesn't die. It runs ok but the low battery light is always on. What else could it be? Not sure if it's...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad