• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear sway bar?

fiddlermd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000
Transmission
Automatic
I recently got a 2003 b4000 and noticed there's no rear sway bar. As far as I understand, there are a number that would fit but I also don't know whether the necessary mounting points / hardware is there or not.
can someone point me to the correct parts needed to get this done?
thanks!

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
there are factory holes in the frame for the end links. the bar itself attaches to the axle with big clamps. so all older Rangers are capable of accepting a rear sway bar.
I'll try for some pics later.
by the way, a rear sway bar has an undesirable side effect. it lifts the inside rear wheel while turning.
that's most noticeable when pulling away from a stop while turning, especially with an open differential.

this is from LMC, it does not show the axle clamps very well.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a Hellwig on the rear of my 98. It does not mount like the stock bar, and actually may be considerably easier. Yes, it uses pre-existing holes to mount. Also the Hellwig is thicker than the stock bar. Doesn't affect straight driving, since the bar just rolls in the axle mounts. But get going around corners, a thicker bar helps prevent body roll.

The side mounts pictured with the wheels, actually only use the upper bolt, which is pre-existing in the frame. I drilled and added the lower bolt. Probably not necessary and overkill, but that's the way I roll. The end links and the axle mounts are all Energy Suspension replacement parts. The originals were on the truck since 2002 and pretty badly deteriorated.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals