• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dextron II substitute and Park Difficulty

Speaking of GM transmission. I've a 2014 2500HD 6L90. They ok to just drain and refill without issues? It has 135K, fluid is actually clear with very little red but not very dirty and still smells ok. I've heard where some fplks have mixed feelings about changing fluids if they don't have red...
  2. Dextron II substitute and Park Difficulty

It is the correct height and still pretty bright red.
  3. Dextron II substitute and Park Difficulty

My bad again. The year was 2005 and with 40K miles since the last fluid time ir was changed. Fluid is still bright red.
  4. Dextron II substitute and Park Difficulty

I forgot to mention threre is sone dificulty sometimes shifting it into Park. Does it just need a little lubrication somewhere or adjusting?
  5. Dextron II substitute and Park Difficulty

It's time to change the transmission fluid and filter again. I'v only put 40K miles on it since it was changed last back in 2015. 87 Ranger, 2WD, A4LD atransmission. None of the current available fluids have the Dextron II on it anywhere as there are few transmissions like these left around that...
  6. 1987 Ranger LH spindle- part, parts inquiry and Part#

Sorry, I failed to mention the truck is 2WD. I did find out the part number is E9TZ3106B for the LH, Driver side. I found an online parts place that allowed me to plug in the various years for the Ranger model starting with 87 showing that part number for each model year. But it is cumbersome...
  7. 1987 Ranger LH spindle- part, parts inquiry and Part#

I'm in great dire need of a OEM LH wheel spindle for my 1987 Ford Ranger. I'm at my wits end locating one and even trying to do a informative search to know I'm doing a through search on the internet. I need to know for sure what year models the part covers and the part numbers the part goes by...
  8. 87 Hard Down Shifting

I have a 1987 Ranger with a A4LD. I've been doing a lot of engine work and got it humming great. I have noticed it sometimes downshifts hard. More so with OD. I have seen it a couple of times when slowing down at a stop light and it goes green I punch it and it will clunk or clang just the once...
  9. Fuel Injector Clip

I'm re-assembling my Fuel Injectors and rail. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the horse shoe shaped clip come in direct contact with the O ring and pushes it up into the rail? Also, concerning the upper intake, noticed these aluminum intakes get tarnished or oxidized. Other than buffing...
  10. 1987 Injector Voltage ?

Does anyone know what is the injector voltage? For some reason I have it in my mind as 5 volts. Also, when reinstalling the injectors, do the injectors need to be attached to the rail first or placed in to the upper intake manifold? My Haynes manual is not clear on this.
  11. 1987 Injector connector

I have a 1987 Ford Ranger 2.9L with 91k miles on it. It sat quite a bit this year because I was out of town a lot and didn't drive it. I removed the old gas and replaced the gas filter. I'm now going to put in injector kits. I can't get to where I can pull the connector off to see what kind of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad