• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1994 Ranger XLT Driver Side Lock Stuck

My lock has been stuck on my ‘94 for a few years and I am sick of getting in the passenger side and reaching across to unlock the door. If I use the door handle from inside the truck it will unlock, but it will not unlock with the key. I tried the WD-40 trick and it did not work. The handle also...
  2. A4LD Questions - Missing Bolt and a few other questions.

Okay so 3 questions: 1. ⁠What is the missing screw I point to in the first photo? Would this be a band adjustment screw that came loose and fell out? 2. ⁠What is the steel line pointing down? Is this a transmission line that broke? Or is it supposed to be like that? 3. ⁠Is the hinge...
  3. A4LD Transmission Problem

Not sure if my Transmission is Slipping in 2nd gear while in over drive? 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0. My transmission just started feeling like it may be slipping in 2nd gear overdrive when I throttle above 2500 RPM. (I have not checked to see if this happens in normal drive yet but will update in...
  4. HELP! Added Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner… Now my truck is not accelerating properly when pressing the gas.

HELP! Added Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner… Now my truck is not accelerating properly when pressing the gas. RPMs increasing but slow acceleration over 2.5-3000 RPM (1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0) I just added a full bottle of Lucas Oil fuel injector cleaner after filling up my tank. Was running...
  5. Help with leak diagnosis

I have a 94 Ranger XLT 4.0L I am trying to identify what the reason is for having this black gunk all over stuff in the lower part of the engine: See Photos. I don’t have any noticeable fluid leaks with oil or transmission fluid but it appears that something is leaking and drying up causing a...
  6. Locating Fuel Pump Wire 1994 Ranger 4.0

Hello, I am hoping to install a kill switch in my 94 Ranger XLT 4.0. For extra safety as there has been an increase in truck thefts in my state. I can not figure out how to locate the fuel pump wire to splice my kill switch into… I found the fuel pump relay, but do not know the best way to find...
  7. 1994 Ranger 4x4 XLT Inner Tie Rod Torque Specs

Does anybody know the torque specs for inner tie rods on a 1993-1997 Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4? After watching videos then looking at my tie rods, the inners are different than newer rangers. Instead of threading into the steering rack, the two inner tie rods are connected with another bar going into...
  8. 1994 Ranger Lower Valance Removal?

Hello, I have a 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0. I want to remove the lower valance and keep it off but I am wondering how it would look without it? Does the valance cover anything that would make it look worse without it? I mostly want to do this because after getting my new wheels and tires, they rub...
  9. Are Inner Tie Rods the same one both sides?

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 4WD. I am looking at replacing both outer and inner tie rods before getting an alignment. My question is: Are inner tie rods the same for the left and right on my 94 Ranger? I was looking for parts and am unsure if I should order two of the same inner tie rods...
  10. Best starting upgrades for off-roading 1994 Ranger XLT

I’m currently in the process of building up a 1994 ranger enough to do some mountain trails that aren’t extreme. Everything was stock on it so I have rebuilt the cooling system, lifted the front end to level it, got new wheels and tires, and put in new shocks and coils. I plan on replacing the...
  11. Can’t Figure This Out

Feel like a noob for not knowing what this is but I can’t find any information online. Check the photo attached, some type of small shock but I do not know what it is or where to get replacements. I just replaced the shocks and coils with a 2” lift on my 1994 Ranger but I would like to replace...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad