• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Eec-v 5.0l into an eec-iv Ranger wiring options

Hi again, I have searched for companies here on trs re: standalone harnesses , ( painless wiring , ron francis )etc but no go for 91 4.0l . Is there a company or website that you might recommend?
  2. O2 sensor(s) and dual exhaust 91 4.0.L

It was only a wild guess that you worked on a ford or two .thanks on your suggestion for the second one , can i ask about manner of switching back and forth for monitoring .?I plan to look up your suggestion with broad band , but since I am here and just finished reading your post , why not...
  3. O2 sensor(s) and dual exhaust 91 4.0.L

Hi RonD , thanks for your ever always easy to understand explanations . When I order an o2 sensor , are they mostly universal , or is there certian sizes and or capacity to geta good read on the o2? I will get the clamp on type that i can put onto tubing just b4 muffler, I dont want to have...
  4. O2 sensor(s) and dual exhaust 91 4.0.L

First of all , Thank you all for your input and suggestions , starting a month or so back re: gender of ecu ( auto) , fuel pumps etc . Ive talked to some FORD techs at the dealership today as the haynes manual is not 100 % clear about o2 sensor( s) talking to three techs today , one...
  5. Wiring Connector problem?

any takers ?
  6. ELECTRONICs COMPATIBILITy

You again Ron? , thanks a million for you input. The vw transaxle is 4 speed manual and the computer components in vintages like mine are minimal , if they exist at all ( good old days ) , but I guess there are some advantages to computer systems in modern vehicles , just not when something...
  7. Wiring Connector problem?

Thanks again for your reply Ron , am I interpreting correctly with your response , firstly you saying only one sensor after the" y" pipe, then 6 to 20 inches after manifold ends ( upstream)?, so that is total of two as it would be a pretty tight and aggresive "Y" to stay within 6 to 20...
  8. ELECTRONICs COMPATIBILITy

with regards to a 91 4.0 explorer and wiring harness with auto ecu , which is a better option for engine and harness being transplnted into vw Ghi , search for a same year manual ecu , or send the mated auto ecu to a remote tuner for changes to ? to work better with a vw manual transmission?
  9. Wiring Connector problem?

can I ask about number of o2 sensors for a 91 4.0l explorer engine ? The haynes manual seems to be indicating one , but i see lots of posts talking about two or more . Also , Im gong to have to drill into to isert o2 sen. my exhaust system on my 4.0 swap in Ghia , and as i only have 16 inches...
  10. 2.3 L into 1971 VW single cab

Hey Itlives , I see this is an old thread , maybe you still monitor this forum , Im just getting going on my 91 4.0L that has been sitting in my Karmann Ghia for quite awhile . It would be good to talk a lil shop . I see sometimes people talking about personal mail me , but I don t see...
  11. 4.0 ohv swap from 2.8l

Any updates on your harness task?
  12. Tips on starting an engine( 4.0l) that hasnt been started in 20 years

Thank you all for your input, I will go to utube as well and see if they have any gearhead info. I do have a ways to go before thinking to start engine ( prepping engine, adapting wiring harness to my Ghia ,getting new cv joints, as bus trany is type 2 , ghia type 1different bolts and...
  13. external fuel pump questions for4.0L engine swap to diff. make of vehicle

That make perfect sense , to have larger cannister filter just at outlet of stock vw gas tank, then hi. pr. pump (close to ford fac. specs of 30 -40m lbs)into fuel regulator, with regards to the fuel return line that WILL BE returned to tank , i seem to remember a small vent line up top of...
  14. Tips on starting an engine( 4.0l) that hasnt been started in 20 years

I ve looked through countless posts under different threads , looking for some kind of discussion on finally getting around to starting that engine in that project car that you started years and years ago , but I havent found much . maybe this post will attract some attention and hopefully...
  15. fuel pump issues

your the best Ron , thanks
  16. fuel pump issues

i was looking for threads in my range of questions i have , and since "always floored "mentioned his fabrication of fuel lines and fixtures , im wondering if i can interject and ask him or RonD , or anyone else about fuel lines and fittings that might be attached to either braided s. steel ,or...
  17. external fuel pump questions for4.0L engine swap to diff. make of vehicle

im leaning towards external system , so i can use original tank , dont have to cut or enter tank to mount internl . plum xternal and its neccesities towards engine and hopefully maintain fac . fuel gauge and only one stub for exiting of gas and one vent stub that is attached near top on gas...
  18. how to tell what type of transmission 4.0 l ranger engine was mated to from factory

I have read I dont know where , about somethings that possibly that might throw a wrench into system , one is built in security system in wiring harness ( only allows factory type key would be recognized by system ) and allow engine to turn over , also this vertigo vehicle rollover switch...
  19. external fuel pump questions for4.0L engine swap to diff. make of vehicle

I was looking through past threads re. extenal fuel pumps , and found enough info to start this thread and ask more in depth questions to the points I read earlier . I see that in some applications a fuel system will run two fuel pumps , a high and low pressure one, would the low be in tank...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad