• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Hectron

Need help with part numbers for u joints

Awesome! Thank you. Just to verify, I just need to buy 3 of any 1 of these parts and I’m good to go?
  2. Hectron

Need help with part numbers for u joints

Hello everyone. I’ve tried to search for part numbers for the u joints for the front axle of my 1987 Ranger. It’s a standard cab 4x4 108 wheel base. From what I’ve been able to see in the repair manual, I need 2 for the right side and 1 for the left, but I can’t make sense of which ones to get...
  3. Hectron

What’s this thing called?

Wow! Thank you all. I’ve had this truck a little under a year and have been trying to fix it up little by little as I daily drive it. You all have been great!
  4. Hectron

It’s not connected to any of the steering components. It’s connected to the motor. I’m trying to get all my leaks buttoned up
  5. Hectron

NC Ranger Owners

Hey everyone! It would be awesome to be able to meet and talk to Ranger owners who are local! Monroe, NC here! Union County. 1987 Ford Ranger 4wd 2.9L
  6. Hectron

Hey everyone. I was changing the power steering hoses on my 1987 Ford Ranger and noticed what looks like oil leaking from this thing. Anyone know what this is called and what it is for? It is located on the driver side of the truck by the steering box and attached to the motor.
  7. Hectron

Parts list for a complete brake job on a 1987 4WD Ranger

I have the auto locking hubs
  8. Hectron

Thanks for the reply! Are the wheel bearings pretty generic? Do you have any suggestions as to which pads/rotors to use or which to stay away from?
  9. Hectron

Hello all. I’ve been doing some searching on here but haven’t been able to find a list for a complete brake job for my “new” truck. When I say complete I mean pads, rotors, bearings etc. I guess I’m more unsure of how many bearings and what other odds and ends I’m going to need. A “how to” video...
  10. Hectron

My truck only accepts 8 gallons after showing empty

I really appreciate all this help. You all are great
  11. Hectron

A. Checked for damage-negative B. The sending unit was my next guess but will have to figure out how to check the volts. C. That’s just hilarious!
  12. Hectron

I’ve crawled all underneath the truck. The tank seemed to be dent free. It also seems like the previous owner has already changed the fuel filter.
  13. Hectron

Hello everyone. New to the forum and Rangers. I have recently bought a 1987 4WD Ranger with the 2.9L and 5 speed and LOVE THIS THING!! I’ve noticed that I can only put in about 8 gallons or so of fuel even though my gauge is reading empty. The gauge does go to full after fueling but is clearly...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad