• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Needs ideas, to "bush fix" the throttle cable to stop just short of full release, increasing idle speed

So, do you mean that even if it's on DEFROST, if I turn the temperature to Blue/Cold, and if the A/C system is "charged", that I should still get A/C type cold air out of it? Even without the dial being turned to A/C?
  2. Needs ideas, to "bush fix" the throttle cable to stop just short of full release, increasing idle speed

Just reviewing the info here. I think you're onto something. I took my IAC off and cleaned it and put it back on. No difference. Noticed there was no gasket. Got one and put it on. No difference. I think I'm down to replacing the IAC. Maybe mine is just "broke" somehow. As an aside, since I've...
  3. Needs ideas, to "bush fix" the throttle cable to stop just short of full release, increasing idle speed

Yeah... RonD just told me the same thing. I'll be hunting around for that vacuum leak. Appreciate that..... :)
  4. Needs ideas, to "bush fix" the throttle cable to stop just short of full release, increasing idle speed

Wow! I'm learning so much here! Thank you. Guess I got some "investigation" to do.
  5. Needs ideas, to "bush fix" the throttle cable to stop just short of full release, increasing idle speed

So, you're saying that, "somewhere", I actually SHOULD have this "anti-diesel" screw on my fuel-injected 2006? I'll have to look again. Couldn't find it before. Also, I'll try your test suggestion, comparing DRIVE to NEUTRAL, etc, and see what happens with RPMS. I can't use the AC bit...
  6. Needs ideas, to "bush fix" the throttle cable to stop just short of full release, increasing idle speed

Thanks. I did the test of the IAC by unplugging, then plugging, and compared RPM. When unplugged, the RPMS dropped about 500. Went back up to about 750 when plugged in again. From what I've read, that seems to be a "pass" for the IAC. Took the IAC off, intending to clean it but, frankly, I...
  7. Needs ideas, to "bush fix" the throttle cable to stop just short of full release, increasing idle speed

I don't appear to have this on mine. There's a little "tit" there that the throttle butts up against when it's fully released, but I see nothing there like a screw or anything that can adjust that "tit's" position. Wish there was. I'd push that tit out just a smidgen. All I'd need it perhaps...
  8. Needs ideas, to "bush fix" the throttle cable to stop just short of full release, increasing idle speed

Thanks. I get the throttle cable "fix" isn't preferred and I'll avoid it if I can fin another solution. I'll try getting the IAC off and clean (or replace) it, as you suggest, first, for sure. The "needle in a vacuum line" bit. You mean to maybe introduce a small hole/air leak into an...
  9. Needs ideas, to "bush fix" the throttle cable to stop just short of full release, increasing idle speed

Just tested the IAC valve (unplug/plugged in, compared RPM) RPMs dropped around 500 RPM when disconnected and went back to around 750 when re-connected. From what I've read, I believe that means it PASSED the test, right? Might it still be worth replacing, despite that? Been looking at every...
  10. Needs ideas, to "bush fix" the throttle cable to stop just short of full release, increasing idle speed

Did the "test" for the IAC (unplugged/plugged, compared RPM). It dropped 500 RPM when unplugged and returned to around 750 when re-plugged. I see someone else mentioning about "cleaning", as you did. Sounds like it might be a thing to do, as soon as I figure out how to get it off, etc. Thank you.
  11. Needs ideas, to "bush fix" the throttle cable to stop just short of full release, increasing idle speed

Hi everyone. Need some help with a problem. My 2006 Ranger Sport seems to be idling too low, about 730 RPM. At red lights, at resting idle, it drops pretty low, the engine kinda shudders, the engine light starts to flash. When the traffic light turns green, I can't get more that maybe 10 k/hr...
  12. 2006 Ranger 3.0L, V6, idles too low.

That is definitely worth checking, as soon as I identify it and figure out how to. So, just to be clear, if, after I unplug the IAC, the idle speed DOESN'T drop, then the IAC is suspect, right? If the IAC is working properly, the idle speed SHOULD drop..... yes? Thank you very much.
  13. 2006 Ranger 3.0L, V6, idles too low.

Would the throttle body release too far if the cable is stretched, and cause it to idle lower? I just assumed the throttle body would hit a hard stop when released. Am I wrong about that?
  14. 2006 Ranger 3.0L, V6, idles too low.

No. I'll check into that.
  15. 2006 Ranger 3.0L, V6, idles too low.

I've encountered a problem where, after the truck warms up, if I sit and idle for a few minutes, the resting idle sits at around 750 RPM, the engine kinda shudders, the engine light flashes, and when I try to accelerate, she won't move more than 5 - 10 K/hr for a bit, until she suddenly gets her...
  16. Random Misfire Codes

Thank you. I'll check in to that stuff. :)
  17. Random Misfire Codes

A mechanic buddy replaced all spark plugs, all plug wires, and coil pack. Started getting multiple misfire codes about 2 weeks ago. RANDOM, particular cylinders (4,5,6), Misfires on Startup. Code reader says Severity 2 out of 3. Mechanic buddy figured faulty coilpack. Took out the cheaper coil...
  18. Truck STALLS when coming to a stop

Entire transmission was pooched. Full rebuild was necessary. :(
  19. Truck STALLS when coming to a stop

Thank you Ron. Appreciate the pretty detailed reply. Sounds like you're leaning heavily the way I am/was... "Something" to do with the Torque Converter, or Cluth, or solenoid. (No codes, so likely not solenoid). Well, looks like I have no option, now, but to get down to a transmission shop...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad