• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Door locks problems

I have looked all over the internet and I find nothing vehicle specific for my truck. There are plenty of videos on ford rangers, or door handle removal, etc., but I find nothing for 1998 Ford f150 XL with manual door lock cylinder removal/replacement. Crazy!
  2. Door locks problems

Hey Ron, I decided to try and replace the door lock cylinders instead of paying for a key to be made. Reason being if I have to remove the cylinder anyway I can buy brand new ones for right around the same price as having a key made. I had the door panel off today and wasn't sure how to go about...
  3. Door locks problems

That's a great idea. Thanks for the info!
  4. Door locks problems

Thanks Ron. Yeah, that's exactly the problem. The key is severely worn and I knew the key maker probably would only be able to duplicate what's left of it. Guess it's time to stop being a cheapskate and buy new lock cylinders.
  5. Door locks problems

98 f150 XL door locks hardly ever work. I have to wiggle the key back and forth for at least 2 minutes to get them to unlock either door. Tried spraying penetrating lube into the key slot opening, but that didn't help at all. Any suggestions? Anybody??

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad