• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Gregin30655

91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

Retrosound sells that style radio but they are bluetooth receivers with modern preouts. https://www.retromanufacturing.com/?campaignid=18308111007&keyword=&gclid=Cj0KCQiAm5ycBhCXARIsAPldzoUKdIgmK6kKIFAgDDs1vUxQvTLtpyhjwi79fAcZwQq4PNQYT1BMNzoaArrdEALw_wcB
  2. Gregin30655

ibeam mods too correct camber after lowering ( w/ pics )

This is really a discussion on how to fix camber on i-beam trucks. Unfortunately there are no upper control arms, I wish there was because you have found a cool solution it sounds like.
  3. Gregin30655

just so dope, no other words. Sick man!
  4. Gregin30655

Gotcha, I plan on pie cutting my DJM dream beams at the end and adding camber and pulling about 1/2" out of track on each side. I essentially want to be in spec on camber another 2" lower and then have 4-5" to air out the rest of the way. I see what you are saying, if I dont work with the tie...
  5. Gregin30655

I have Ricks tie rod notches going in the frame and then doing the Ricks bag mounts up front too. I love the smooth ride and adjustability with air ride when done right.
  6. Gregin30655

I already have drop beams, I am wanting to do this to add positive camber and narrow the track width as much as I can. For that I think it may be the ticket.
  7. Gregin30655

An updates on this? If it worked I am going to do the same thing. I need 1.5-2"" narrower track and a way to set camber better.
  8. Gregin30655

the question really is how much can you pull the beam inward before you get a bind on the radius arm at rest or travel? They have a fairly forgiving bushing since they dont travel straight up and down. My thought is this would pull on it at rest and cause more wear as it moves and is further out...
  9. Gregin30655

So dope, the whole thing is so clean and well done. Super sick bud.
  10. Gregin30655

Photos of different wheel/tire sizes on stock and lowered 2WD's

front and rear rubbed and had to cut to fit. I do like a lip on my wheels, I dont care for a FWD flat faced look personally so it was worth it to me.
  11. Gregin30655

20x8.5" , offset is 0 which is too much so they rub the fenders....the fender lips are being but away to make clearance.
  12. Gregin30655

Eagle 212s, 18" front and 20" rear.... DJM kit and trimmed fender lips. Going on air next.
  13. Gregin30655

I just saw this build. I am building an 88 ranger GT and I am digging this. I dont have a shop at home which sucks, and with 7 cars/trucks in the driveway I dont have much room. (Yeah my fancy HOA loves me). Thanks for so many pics, you answered questions with them alone and will help me...
  14. Gregin30655

I beam to A arm swap

Any more pics of the 4 link? I have ricks rangerz parts to bag my beams too, did you pie cut your beams to help with camber any?
  15. Gregin30655

First Gen audio

I'm in the midst of a full on truck build on an 88 GT, but the stereo stuff is bought and sitting awaiting its turn. I am using old school gear to be fairly era correct, other than source unit. I have a new Alpine single DIN so I can Bluetooth and stream, but then I have an Alpine 3554 amp, an...
  16. Gregin30655

F350 dually, dropped and big wheels

As Ford guys I thought you all might like my "other' vehicle. Its a 2011 F350 dually with the 6.7L diesel. SO far it is lowered with dream beams and flip kit, air bagged rear on the leafs with 2 compressors, a 5g tank and everything to make it remote on the road when pulling a load. It has 24"...
  17. Gregin30655

IAC issues?

Its sitting now with a dead battery, I guess I have an electrical pull on it too. So I'm going o go through it all. All fluids changed, and a good once over. It also has a leak that is on the front of the engine down low.
  18. Gregin30655

IAC issues?

Hey all, I have an 88 with a 2.9 I just bought. I noticed the idle fluctuation when I got it, but drove it from NC to GA with no issues (after topping off with gas in NC) then about 20 miles from home it seemed to stumble at low rpms and take off once it hits about 2500-3k rpm. It had sat for 6...
  19. Gregin30655

Shopping list needed 2.3t swap

I have an 88 Ranger GT (2.9L with manual trans) that is getting the T-bird TC swap. I have the OEM Engine, manual trans, engine harness and ECU. As I look through countless threads I am surprised as many people as have done this, there isn't a sticky with the shopping list needed to do this...
  20. Gregin30655

later model dream beams on older truck

Great info, thank you. I have a ton of stuff coming and making sure as I buy the big fun stuff I don’t lose track of the detail that makes it all work. I’m finishing a couple home projects and then hopefully October will see about $4k in upgrades make their way into a $2k truck! 🤦🏻‍♂️😂 Then the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad