• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. A4LD Mystery (Converter lockup summer only)

901wd#2, Yes, it makes sense that there is a temperature control somewhere in the system. Do you know if the control is located inside the trans? or under the hood somewhere? By the way, this system does have a sizable transmission cooler, so I bet you are right about blocking the rad cooling...
  2. A4LD Mystery (Converter lockup summer only)

Hi All, At 50 mph my A4LD torque converter locks just fine in Overdrive. IN THE SUMMER !! Every winter when the temperatures drop below 34F the TC Lockup no longer works, and stays like that for the whole winter. Then, this week, when temperatures are in the 40's it starts working again. (In...
  3. Need some help with my Speed Control - 1994 4.0 Ranger

RobbieD, YES ... brake lights are working. Brake light switch seems ok
  4. Need some help with my Speed Control - 1994 4.0 Ranger

Thanks, It's a factory system. I will check for brake lights and get back. Also, where is the vacuum dump valve located? The only thing I noticed on the pedal arm was the brake light switch.
  5. Need some help with my Speed Control - 1994 4.0 Ranger

Hi all, My 94 Ranger is an XLT 4.0 automatic. The speed control has works well for years, but as of last week it won't shut off when I depress the brake pedal. It works fine if I activate it with the steering wheel buttons, and I can turn it off using the buttons. But when activated, it wont...
  6. A4LD Transmission - Lock up converter

Sorry, I forgot to identify the truck 1994 4.0 V6 4x4 So it does not have OBDII Speedo is acting normal. Any vacuum lines, wires, or external sensors I should be checking?
  7. A4LD Transmission - Lock up converter

Hello, My A4LD has been acting a strange. On the same stretch of flat highway (no wind) the unit always dropped into overdrive and the converter lockup at 50 mph or greater. The lock-up engages and disengages as normal for the whole driving session. RPM drops to 1700 when lock up occurs...
  8. A4LD - 94 Ranger - Should I worry about this ?

Probably torque converter unlocking. Wouldn't really worry about it to much. Ahhh, ok. Thanks A jump of 500 rpm seemed a little excessive. (20% slip through an unlocked the torque converter).
  9. A4LD - 94 Ranger - Should I worry about this ?

Hey all, I love my 94 Ranger 4x4 but recently notice something while highway driving. 60 Miles per hr (100 km/ hr) on flat road = 2000 rpm (In overdrive) Same speed on a medium incline = 2500 rpm ??? Is that SLIP ? When the road levels, the rpm drops back to 2000. (Transmission stayed in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad