• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.5L ('98-'01) Off my rocker

Thanks for that, I was able today to find another set of the right rockers in a yard about an hour and a half from here, was a nice day for a ride at least! I hope to be able to reassemble everything soon and let everyone know how it turned out.
  2. 2.5L ('98-'01) Off my rocker

Good morning all. I got the new springs and the installed height spring pressure is 68 lbs, that's 14 lbs more than the old springs that were 54 lbs. I am hoping that will be enough of a increase that the lash adjusters will not over power the springs and over pump to the point of coil bind. Now...
  3. 2.5L ('98-'01) Off my rocker

Thanks for replies, this was a almost complete rebuild, I did new lash adjusters and I feel it is related somehow to them over pumping. I got them from enginetech, I am a enginetech distributor, and have seen very few problems with their parts but it's definitely possible!!! I checked my...
  4. 2.5L ('98-'01) Off my rocker

Does anyone know what the installed spring pressure should be?
  5. 2.5L ('98-'01) Off my rocker

I recently rebuilt the 2.5L in my wife's 2001 ranger. Upon initial startup it broke 3 rocker arms. After much time spent diagnosing why (and many more broken rockers), I have determined that the lash adjusters are pumping up too far and causing the valve springs to bind and then breaking the...
  6. 2.5L ('98-'01) Oil clearance

thanks for the reply I got my bearings from engine Tech they are to spec and the crank Journal is to spec, apparently it seems to be the main caps I really didn't want to do a line bore.
  7. 2.5L ('98-'01) Oil clearance

I'm rebuilding my first 2.5. In tear down everything looked absolutely great (except for the blown head gasket, reason for tear down). I decided to reassemble with no machine work, just hone and a std, std, std remain kit. I found .003 oil clearance on the new main bearings. Crank journals Mic...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad