• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SniperJJ10

2007 4.0 5 speed Front locker options

Oh okay, I appreciate the detail. I didn't want to put a torsen in the front out of fear of the steering problems in 4wd. Thank you very much kind sir!
  2. SniperJJ10

This says it has 27 splines, and it SAYS it has 10 bolts, but I count 8 from the picture, so what do I believe? The picture, or the description? https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pwt-gt443527/make/ford/model/ranger/year/2007
  3. SniperJJ10

Thank you very much!
  4. SniperJJ10

Good eye, thank you!
  5. SniperJJ10

It specifies that it fits the IFS of the '07, and it says 28 spline, so I presume they're aware of the SLA setup. Kinda pricey, but I feel like this will perform better than either the hub conversion or a torsen differential, at least for my application anyway. Anyone tried to fit this into an...
  6. SniperJJ10

I don't plan on giving my truck more power, a higher lift, or bigger tires. It's got 31s on it right now. Is the factory height, power, and 31s an issue?
  7. SniperJJ10

https://www.therangerstation.com/tech/convert-ford-ranger-live-axles-to-manual-hubs/ Here's the official walkthrough. I'm assuming the 9'8 ranger has the same knuckle as the '07?
  8. SniperJJ10

I've done some more digging, the D35 IFS SLR has a sliiightly different inner housing. 1 person said they had no issues putting in a certain jeep true locker, can't remember which one though. I saw for a second someone converted their truck from what I have to the manual hubs, something about...
  9. SniperJJ10

Would a torsen be "loose" enough to allow full steering lock without issues? I understand the concept of a torsen, quite fascinating. If I have to sacrifice turning radius I'll keep it open, I bought the truck for its size and maneuverability.
  10. SniperJJ10

I'm not sure, that's why I was asking for axle spline count. They make one for a regular dana 35, I don't know why the housing would be different for a IFS vs solid. I plan on making some phone calls to some companies to see if they had any ideas, but I figured it would be worth a shot to ask...
  11. SniperJJ10

I'm talking about an air or e-locker. I know, conceptually, how they work, I've done research on them to see what would best fit my application. Which is why I asked if they make a locker for the front axle. I'm not asking about the practicality, I'm asking about spline count and any other...
  12. SniperJJ10

Yes. But if I get a locker, when it's disengaged it will act like an open diff, giving power to the wheel with less traction, as I understand it. So, therefore, if my understanding is correct, in 4wd, front diff unlocked, it will perform the same as with the factory differential. Is this a...
  13. SniperJJ10

My truck doesn't have locking hubs, and the only time I have problems in snow in 2wd is going up hills that I can't gain momentum on.
  14. SniperJJ10

I wouldn't lock it in the snow, because of the steering. I want it for the mud in the spring and fall. Back to my original question, what locker will fit the front axle of my '07?
  15. SniperJJ10

I know my front doesn't have locking hubs. I'd like a locker for my front axle. Would an unlocked locking differential make on-road driving different? I only run 2wd, even in snow unless I'm either a) pulling someone out of the ditch or b) about to climb a serious hill. I'd like to purchase...
  16. SniperJJ10

Thats why I want a locker. I'm gonna be putting a geared lsd in the rear with the 28 spline factory axle, but I'd like the option to lock the front if I have to. I live in Maine and mud season is treacherous. I wouldn't use it hardly at all, it would just be nice to have the option. Does having...
  17. SniperJJ10

I've done some research in finding a front locker for my truck. I can find that my truck has the dana 35, but I can't find how many splines it has. Is it the same as the 28 in the factory rear axle? If so, what are my best options for cost vs quality for a front locker? Any help is appreciated...
  18. SniperJJ10

4.0 V6 4X4 headers

I'm not crapping on you for your views. I was asking about headers and now we're arguing about the environment. If you don't like my perspective, stop responding. I'm not changing my opinion. Doesn't matter what laws they make or what evidence you give me.
  19. SniperJJ10

4.0 V6 4X4 headers

Last I checked this was a pickup truck forum
  20. SniperJJ10

4.0 V6 4X4 headers

No, it doesn't.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad