• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Electrical problems - fuel pump relay

You where right!! I had ben starting to suspect it an checked the most obvious points, but thought a microchip would just shut down from it, not set a terminal hot that should not be. I guess it's more rudimentary electronic in that box 😆 Anyway, you gave me one more puch and I found it! It was...
  2. Electrical problems - fuel pump relay

Thank you! I'll do that! I have an imported ranger, but not sure if it's a California model. Dont think so. There is no emission requirements for this car. I hear it does't matter if the ECM is from a 2x4 or 4x4, but need to be for automatic gearbox not manual. Correct? The lable reads...
  3. Electrical problems - fuel pump relay

So I cut the wire to the electronic control assembly (no 22, tan/lt green) and put it to ground instead. Left terminal 22 on the ECM empty. The fuel pump is now running full time when key turned. I still got no life from engine. I can make it run on starter gas, but not a single cough on gas...
  4. Electrical problems - fuel pump relay

Thanx a bunch! So it"s ok to hotwire the relay so the pump is on all the time the ignition is on? If I pull the wire from the switch to the ECM and just ground it that would be the result I figure. That way I don't disable the inertia switch, which feels safe (as long as it doesn't break).
  5. Electrical problems - fuel pump relay

Hey all! I'm at a roads end with getting my ranger 2.9 -88 running again. It just died on me when starting it up after winter. I think I have located a problem, but dont know how to poceed. The fuel pump relay semes to work just fine, but the signal to it is funky. When I turn the key I get 12v...
  6. Rear brake on driver side engage TOO MUCH - 1989 Ranger

About that... Isn't the pressure directed like 60/40 front/back? Shouldn't that mean over preassure from the front can't leak to the back at least? I'd like to adjust them to more like 70/30 i fact. Just cus it is so light in the back. Gets really sketchy on the as it is (which we got a lot of...
  7. Rear brake on driver side engage TOO MUCH - 1989 Ranger

+1 for Uncle Gump's theory on slack calibration causing locking brake! I tightende it up really well (can't get the f-n drum of again LOL) and the brakes are looking very good! Back still locks before front, but evenly now and way later! I'll get back to you after next inspections when I get...
  8. Rear brake on driver side engage TOO MUCH - 1989 Ranger

Don't think so. No pulsing. But I'll change sides on the drums and see if it makes a difference
  9. Rear brake on driver side engage TOO MUCH - 1989 Ranger

Can't find anything wrong with the parking brake. No hang ups. No water intrusion problem. Don't se anything out of alignment at all... I'll try adjusting brake pads tighter. It does, yes, but not very good. Test result was 1,4 rear left and 0,4 rear right. The numbers might not tell you...
  10. Rear brake on driver side engage TOO MUCH - 1989 Ranger

Hi! Got a problem with my ol Ranger -89 4x4 2,9l V6 Rear brake on driver side locks the wheel really early. Got a fault on car inspection on this too (live in Sweden...) som I can't ride it, and I can't see anything wrong! Nothing loose, nothing that should not be there. On a gravel road or on...
  11. Boiling transmission!?

What is that shift kit? Will it help with the lockups? Spare parts are sparse over here. Accessories even more so... truck is old and used so I won't put down big bucks on it
  12. Boiling transmission!?

Couldn't see any obvious spot where it came out. Crawled under with a flash light, yes, ofcourse. Semed to me it came out top front somewhare where you cant reach. Mechanics said it came out from the thing conecting it to the engine (english is not my primary language). "Bellhousing"? RonD...
  13. Boiling transmission!?

So... I was on my way to one of my hunting sites for moose hunting (in Sweden). A quad on the bed and a small caravan on towe. A load, sure, but far from max. Three houers into the drive there was a road block, so I had to sit on idle for about half an houer. Two miles after that the truck just...
  14. Stranded in the bush with busted auto

Problem solved. Isch... I'll start a new thread on that. Thanx for input
  15. Stranded in the bush with busted auto

Yeah. My thaughts too. Does anyone have a scetch or pic of where they are located? Can I get to them without lowering the whole tranny?
  16. Stranded in the bush with busted auto

Suddenly my truck (-88 2,9l auto 4x4 ranger) stopped pulling. I had a looong line of oil after me, and empty in the gearbox. Crawled under with a flashlight but couldn't see anything obvious. Semes like the oil came out somewhere top front on the box. Sprayed back of the engine. Funny thing is i...
  17. Help please! Rear wheel hub/drive shaft play. Got bad vibrations...

Okay. I cant feel any play in them
  18. Help please! Rear wheel hub/drive shaft play. Got bad vibrations...

Wow... 😶 Thanx Dirtman! The play is about 1/4" i'd guess. The vibration sneaked up, it didn't come in stages. First arround 50mph, then lower and lower speed. Especially bad when giving gas. The vibration frequensy is not aligned with the speed of the wheels. It allso abruptly stops if I let go...
  19. Help please! Rear wheel hub/drive shaft play. Got bad vibrations...

Hi! See video Because of a really bad vibration creeping up on the truck, I jacket it up and started yanking stuff. This don't look too good to me Where is the problem? Inside the differential? Exactly the same play on both sides/hubs. Could this be the reason for my vibration...
  20. Help! How do I get the door ajar switch out enough

Nope! Didn't help 😩🥴

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad