• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Samzwell

Bumpsteer on 2inch lifted 2wd 1990 Ranger

Been dealing with the same issue on my 1987 Ranger w/ 2in lift. Any chance you would have a part number on the correct 4WD Stock pitman arm to drop mine 2in? I've been trying to research it the last couple hours after seeing your response but can not get consistent results for the life of me. I...
  2. Samzwell

1987 Ranger starter wont shut off

Thought I should update in case anyone circles around to this thread for help. Ended up replacing the starter and replacing the relay twice before the issue resolved. Been a few months now without issue, not entirely sure what caused it in the first place, I suspect the relay was stuck but never...
  3. Samzwell

Howdy

Been lurking around for a couple years and finally thought I would introduce myself and the ol beater. 1987 XLT 2.9L 5-speed that had 113k when I bought it! Has been a fun little truck and I have plenty of plans for fun in the future! I’ve lifted it 2 inches, replaced the whole cooling system...
  4. Samzwell

Wanted ISO 1987 Ranger XLT fender emblem

Looking for a Ranger XLT fender emblem for my 87 ranger like the one pictured. Does not have to perfect, but good condition is preferred. Will buy cracked if the chrome is still in good condition and the mounting pins are in tact. Thanks!
  5. Samzwell

It was a little convoluted in my description, but I disconnected the starter wire from the relay so that I could reconnect the negative lead on the battery without the starter cranking. The starter did not try to crank until I touched the post on the relay with the starter wire. So the relay was...
  6. Samzwell

here’s the wiring on the relay, tested the wire going to the “S” post and got 12v in start pos. and 0v when released. Replaced the ignition switch anyway just to resolve any doubts. No joy. Transferred the wiring 1:1 with the old relay when I replaced it, it’s possible it was wired incorrectly...
  7. Samzwell

Looking for some advice on my '87 ranger 2.9L RWD 5-speed that will keep trying to start until I disconnect the battery. Issue has resolved itself a couple times in the past but I had enough so I replaced the relay which worked for a day or two. Happened again last night so I put a new (re-man)...
  8. Samzwell

Body work tips on a tailgate

I've considered putting a strip of diamond plating over it to match the bedside rails, but would like to fix it if possible! thanks for the suggestion
  9. Samzwell

few different angles here. First pic is after I’ve installed it on my truck and replaced the handle, latches, and rods inside. Looking to fix the dents on the top, the rest of the tailgate looks fairly dent free and should look great after sanding, etc. planning to cut some metal off the old...
  10. Samzwell

Hey there, I just picked up a new-to-me tailgate for my '87 Ranger and I'm looking for tips on either pulling dents out or filling them. Trying to get the tailgate looking as close to new as possible but have very little experience with body work. Pictures to follow, need to post them from my phone.
  11. Samzwell

1986 Ranger XL body - Central IL

May be interested in the tailgate if you still have it. Any chance you could shoot me some pictures? Also wondering where you got your roll bars, interested in getting some for mine.
  12. Samzwell

Taking camber out of Twin I-Beam after 2" lift (1987 Ranger RWD)

Locotomb I'm so sorry, Man! I never got the notification of your response and didn't want to bother you or feel pushy by asking about your progress! I will message you my email for my drive account. I have access to a welder and plenty of material. Thanks so much for investing the time to model...
  13. Samzwell

You’re more than generous. Thank you, I appreciate your help! I was wondering why the handling felt off after the camber had been taken out. Looking forward to having this truck complete!
  14. Samzwell

I don’t suppose you would have any pictures of the drop bracket you fabbed?schematic? I had originally looked into some as a solution instead of Using the bushings but could only find 4x4 options at something like $140 a piece. That coupled with the frequents complaints of them breaking drove me...
  15. Samzwell

Thank you to all for contributing your advice! After a number of weeks (clearly) I finally have everything “straightened” out. The 2 degree camber bushings did the trick with just a hair of room to breathe for fine adjustments. All said and done I’ve learned my lesson, you can never do enough...
  16. Samzwell

New camber bushings are ordered, rated for 2 degrees. The options offering 2.25 or 2.5 degrees were $75-$120 for a pair so I opted to take the cheaper ($15 including shipping) 2 degree route seeing as neither would offer total relief anyway. This will help decrease the amount of camber until I...
  17. Samzwell

Thanks for the help so far! Aside form the Rockauto options, I found this: https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-k80109 This one says it allows for plus or minus 4 degrees but also says it only fits '89-'97 models and does not specify RWD or 4WD. I've always seen compatibility being the...
  18. Samzwell

Hey there, I need some advice on how to bring out the camber after adding 2" spacers on the front end of my '87 Ranger RWD. I did the lift after putting some Cooper Discoverer AT 235/75r15s on. I took it in for an alignment and the shop told me they can't bring the positive camber out because my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad