• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Verifying if timing chain broke or not on 1996 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 L

Hi, I'm sorry for the delay but I had work and other items. So I did 3 things, 1. Had the battery checked (it was good) and charged). 2. Put new negative ground terminal and cleaned/tightened all cables and terminals. 3. Tried turning the engine by hand. Well it wouldn't budge moving by...
  2. Verifying if timing chain broke or not on 1996 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 L

Before I replaced the PCM, the starter solenoid wasn't making any noise, but now the solenoid is engaging since the PCM was replaced. It is a manual transmission. I've replaced starters in other cars before and understand the mechanics. I do appreciate the feedback,
  3. Verifying if timing chain broke or not on 1996 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 L

The Cam synchronizer was replaced 2 years ago and when it was going bad, makes a high pitch whine. The truck won't turn over presently using the starter, but I'm going to clean the ground wires to the battery and put a new terminal on it. Battery didn't have any corrosion, but it did have some...
  4. Verifying if timing chain broke or not on 1996 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 L

I have a 1996 Ranger XLT 3.0L V6 (220K miles) that died while driving 65 mph on Memorial Day weekend. I noticed my oil guage had gone completely down and I was able to get over. I stopped the car and expected smoke, foul smell, or fluids leaking but nothing. Oil was full. There had been no...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad