• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Camshaft synchronizer

I bought an engine from a 1993 Ranger with automatic for my 1993 Ranger with manual transmission, and noticed that the camshaft synchronizer didn't have a sensor on top like my old one. It seems to be a sealed, non-serviceable part. Do I need to change that part or should it work just fine?
  2. Trying to resolve no compression problem

I had no compression in my cylinders when I tried to start it, and was told that perhaps it was a timing chain problem. I took off the front cover to check it. Could anyone tell me if this is correct? This is how it was installed when I put the engine together.
  3. No compression in all cylinders

My engine overheated some months ago and I'm just now getting around to rebuilding it. I took the heads in to a shop to be resurfaced and have the valves reseated with new stem seals. I installed the heads with all new gaskets, new lifters, push rods, and rocker arms. We did a leak down test...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad