• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. IceBergeRanger12

Rear brakes have no fluid.

It was the ABS module. Rebuilt unit at auto store fixed it right and and brakes work better then ever. Clutch flush at the same time and the truck is running better then ever. Now for a power steering flush...
  2. IceBergeRanger12

Any tips for troubleshooting that RABS? Found the main unit under the cab. My first time dealing with something like this. Thanks.
  3. IceBergeRanger12

Hello, Was going through the process of bleeding my brakes to get fresh fluid in the system yesterday but could not get any fluid out of the rear. In fact it looks like it's been dry! Before this I had no noticeable brake issues, truck stops fine and everything, pedal feel was good and I even...
  4. IceBergeRanger12

Starter pinion not disengaging.

Yeah, that's deffinetly what I will keep top of mind. Ended up giving me a 20% discount for all the trouble but still lots of wasted time.
  5. IceBergeRanger12

Update! AutoZone sold me the wrong starter. They gave me the one for the Automatic and not the manual. No damage to my truck but deffinetly frustrating and I'll be sure to ask about that detail in the future when getting parts. For what ever reason the AutoZone guy blew by that question when I...
  6. IceBergeRanger12

Don't see a red/blue wire. Relay only clicks when it should. My guess is the old starter mounted solenoid quit and never disengaged the old start motor. New one doesn't seem to have that problem but the spring loaded gear may not be retracting when rpms come up at idle? My guess is it's a lemon...
  7. IceBergeRanger12

Flywheel teeth look perfect.
  8. IceBergeRanger12

Hey there. Have a 1992 4.0L that's been having some starter issues. First problem I had was the truck started up fine but heard a clanking kind of noise coming from underneath. Shut off the ignition and the starter kept cranking. Turned ignition back on and was attempting to get it home and the...
  9. IceBergeRanger12

OHV valve cover bolt.

You know, you would think so. But I've gone to hardware stores some many times for bolts like this and they look at me sideways. Besides that it's the washer I would like to find the most.
  10. IceBergeRanger12

OHV valve cover bolt.

Hello, Was replacing the valve cover gaskets among other things on my 92' 4.0L and somehow, someway, even with me putting the bolts and washers in a magnetic tray, I've lost one of the 16....So wondering if anyone has any extra's laying around? Haha or can give me a source for a replacement or...
  11. IceBergeRanger12

8.8 open with 3.27 gears

So many hills....😑 Haha
  12. IceBergeRanger12

8.8 open with 3.27 gears

Guess the original owner cared more about the fuel mileage....in a truck with 4wd and the 4.0...:rolleyes: lol
  13. IceBergeRanger12

8.8 open with 3.27 gears

Sweet. Was gonna give it a mild lift anyways. Atleast two inch suspension lift.
  14. IceBergeRanger12

8.8 open with 3.27 gears

Thanks for the input everyone!
  15. IceBergeRanger12

8.8 open with 3.27 gears

It's still essentially a stock truck, has a set of 28" KO2's on the original rims, about all that's been changed from stock. Was thinking a modest lift, 2" or so then put 30's on it. I could see 4.10's being a good in between. Not like this is my daily driver, but not trying to climb boulders...
  16. IceBergeRanger12

8.8 open with 3.27 gears

I have a 1992 Standard Cab 4.0 4x4 Manual long bed with these same ratios. 8.8 open with 3.27. Was curious what the best route to go to upgrading. Try to swap the rear axle with an explorers? Or just tear this axle down and rebuild with the 3.73's and a locker. Trying to find the median of cost...
  17. IceBergeRanger12

1992 4.0L Heater core hose tee

Never thought about that. I'll do that. Thanks.
  18. IceBergeRanger12

That makes some sense based on what I've read about trying to get air out of the coolant system. Thanks for the info chaps!
  19. IceBergeRanger12

Hello, Was gonna drive the Ranger to work today and all the sudden I walk out after warming it up and it's gushing coolant out. Pop the hood and see that the plastic Tee that on one of the lines to the heater core self destructed itself, guessing to age. My question is what is the point of...
  20. IceBergeRanger12

Rocker ratio question.

Hello all, Was looking into replacing the rockers and pushrods on my 92 OHV 4.0 while I do the valve cover gaskets. To get rid of this pesky noise that seems to be common on these engines due to poor oil circulation to the rockers. Looking up different kits on autozone, I found a couple from...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad