• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rumblecloud

02 Sport Trac Rear brake line question(s)...

I have another post on this, but I've made progress and am kinda stymied at this point. Both rear lines and center hose have been replaced so I'm all good there. The one from the front distribution block to the rear is what's giving me pause. Here's the distribution block (not sure what it's...
  2. rumblecloud

Off-topic '09 Escape electrical diagram

Looking around for a diagram of the taillight/backup lights and wiring colors. Thanks in advance for any help. Trying to avoid buying a book (cheap-azz) Thanks in advance. R
  3. rumblecloud

Quick question on the starter motor...

I've done this before so sorry if this has already been answered... Got the infamous key onto start and...click, click. Fender mount relay is good. Getting proper voltage to the starter motor. So, I pulled the starter motor and applied voltage. Starter solenoid works, gear extends, but...it...
  4. rumblecloud

Left rear brake line leak

Just need some advice here. This is an 02 Explorer Sport Trac 4x4, 4.0L. Front disc, rear drum. The left rear flexible brake line goes from the top of the diff over to a bracket at the top of the frame rail. It connects to another solid brake line that is steel or metal of some sort and is...
  5. rumblecloud

Sport Trac Fuel Pump replacement

This is a continuation of a post I made in the 4.0L forum concerning my 02 Sport Trac. We determined that a no start issue was the result of a faulty fuel pump. I am gearing up to drop the tank and am wondering about how to siphon the fuel - there is a little less than half a tank - about 10...
  6. rumblecloud

Big holiday ahead. Be Safe everyone.

Just sitting here thinking about the upcoming Fourth and the state of our Republic. It saddens me to think about all that's going on. But... We still have much to celebrate and much to be thankful for. Take care with the incendiary devices. And watch out for the youngins.' If you have to go...
  7. rumblecloud

02 Sport Trac plug ID help please

Been dealing with a no start issue and have been told by TRS members of note (ronD) that it is the in-tank fuel pump. I haven't gotten into it yet to replace it cuz I have to drop the tank - not looking forward to that at all, but... i have been poking around the engine bay and ran across this...
  8. rumblecloud

Spam attack!

Looks like there's a few new members with weight loss interests.....
  9. rumblecloud

Sport Trac not starting

It's an 02 4.0L auto. Been sitting for about a year. 50/50 test starts with spray, then dies. Was at about a 1/4 tank. Added 5 gallons hoping to negate and bad fuel issues. So where should I look to resolve fuel delivery issues? Thanks in advance R
  10. rumblecloud

F350 trans question

My son-in-law bought a 2000 F350 at an auction, It has a V8 Triton, 4x4, automatic trans. I had the pleasure of driving it home :(. The shift linkage was for sh*t, detents on the column were barely there: P, R, N, D, 2, 1. Manually going thru the gears, 1 worked solid. Shifting up to 2 it would...
  11. rumblecloud

No complaints...

Haven't been posting much lately even though I check in every day. Problem is my 'lil Ranger is running perfectly. Hence "No Complaints." Not complaining, mind you. (see what I did there...I kill me sometimes) Can't wait till the weather clears and warms a bit so I can start on the body work...
  12. rumblecloud

Recreation fuel

I know the difference between regular gas and recreational gas and what it is supposed to be used for, but would like your opinions. I have a 72 Ford 5000 tractor. I normally use regular gas. Not sure of the ethanol content. It runs fine or did until last summer. It would start fine and run...
  13. rumblecloud

Soft pedal... next project.

Been reading through the brake forum and it looks like the first thing I need to do is check the rears to make sure the star wheels are not f-ed up. Tried the reverse stop today four times and nothing changed. Pedal goes to the floor. Pumping doesn't really change anything. I can hear the air...
  14. rumblecloud

Powertrain Control Module -- Part II

This is the thing that makes it all go. I recently had a bunch of different issues with rough and varying rpm/idle. Truck would lose all power and stall if I pressed too hard on the accelerator as in trying to hit passing gear. I did all the usual things like checking for vacuum leaks, checking...
  15. rumblecloud

Powertrain Control Module

Not sure this qualifies as "miscellaneous," but I just pulled it to check on its condition thinking it might be the cause of my most recent issues. Surprisingly, it looks really good. But your thoughts are welcome...thanks. I'm going to clean it up a little and replace it Side note on...
  16. rumblecloud

Can a trans vacuum line cause the idle rpm to fluctuate?

I'm chasing possible vacuum issues and poor running. I've tried with some success pulling the vac lines from vacuum distribution block with the IAC unplugged. When I pull the trans vac line, the rpm does not drop as it should. Pulling all the others results in a drop in rpm. Sitting at idle, the...
  17. rumblecloud

Vacuum Distribution Block

Does it matter which hose goes where? I get that the Power Brake Booster has to go to the large outlet, but the others are all the same size. Currently mine are connected as shown in the image. This is my old one that I just used to show the current set-up. Yes, I am chasing a vacuum leak :(
  18. rumblecloud

Where is it...????

I've seen this reference a dozen time but can't find any of them.... In the Powertrain Control Module there are three resistors that can corrode and cause issues. I must be referencing it wrong, but can someone help me find it? Thank you.
  19. rumblecloud

IAC valve not working?

How do you know? This started with a CEL and codes 172, 176 and 177. I've worked thru that with RonD and those codes are taken care of to the point that I am no longer receiving those codes. I still have the same issue. Starts and runs ok when cold. As it warms the idle get erratic and...
  20. rumblecloud

CEL codes 172, 176, 177

Got a CEL tonight driving home from dinner out. After about 5 minutes truck lost power. Would not accelerate at all. Pedal to the floor seemed to make it worse. Pulled over let it rest for about 5 minutes. Restarted and it ran ok for about 5 minutes - everything normal. CEL came on again. 5...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad