• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 94 4.0 Misfire in the rain

Correction, EGR
  2. 94 4.0 Misfire in the rain

Another question I have as a side bar, how do I know if my engine has a CMP or evap system? Can I tell from the vin?
  3. 94 4.0 Misfire in the rain

I will try that, and I certainly could have gotten a bad part, but I should have said in the first post, they're all motorcraft parts.
  4. 94 4.0 Misfire in the rain

Short history; I've had the truck about 6 months and have been bringing it back up to fighting shape. All new fluids, new sparkplugs, leads, coil, and MAF. When I first got the truck, it was lagging on acceleration and had no power. Zip-ties fixed a lot of the issue, but she was clearly...
  5. 94 ranger door handles

They may be, I'm new to the ranger world and don't know much about interchangeability. It also seems like 94 was a bit of an odd year.
  6. 94 ranger door handles

Do y'all know if anyone makes a pair of metal, chrome door handles for a 94 supercab ranger? I've got black plastic on all three handles and they're pretty faded. I can find a tailgate handle easily and door handles for most years, but I haven't found anything for a 94.
  7. Misfire after changing spark plugs

So, tell me if this would be a reasonable test. When I took the old plugs out I was surprised at how good of condition they were in. Really the only thing wrong with them was they were out of gap spec and I would not be surprised if they were quite new. Would it be reasonable to clean the old...
  8. Misfire after changing spark plugs

I used Bosch platinum finewire plugs and Belden leads. Should I use different leads as well or start with plugs?
  9. Misfire after changing spark plugs

Ive got a 94 4.0, new to me, 137k miles. It had a bit of a rough idle and slight hesitation when cold. I knew the spark plugs and leads were probably original, so I figured that was the best place to start. I purchased new plugs and leads from Napa. Gapped plugs, changed one at a time...
  10. 94 4.0 Throttle Valve Cable

First off, I'm new here, new to Rangers, and new to mechanic work in general, so if I have any terminology, or details, or mechanics wrong, please correct me so I don't continue in my ignorance. That being said, I recently purchased a 94 4.0 XLT Extended cab (pictures to follow.) It has 137k...
  11. The new guy.

Right on. I grew up down in Franklin. Lived here about 25 years now.
  12. The new guy.

Hey dudes! I'm an electrician from Nashville TN. I've got very little experience with cars and trucks, but I've taught myself a lot over the past two years. A few weeks ago I lost my first truck ?, a 1998 frontier. As a replacement, I found a 94 Ranger with 137k miles. It's been sitting for...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad