• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4wd spindles

What have you tried? I have seen front axle u-joints that I thought would not come apart, but never had a balljoint I could not bust loose. Have you tried a pickle fork? The key is to put a lot of force on the joint, and while that force is on the joint (pickle fork or some other tool) start...
  2. temp sending unit location

Can't find a picture. It will have a single wire connector on it, not a two wire connector. They are usually up around the top front of most engines but I do not know about a 3.0.
  3. Fuel pump never shuts off

When it is running pull the relay. If it stops, the next thing to do is turn the key off, plug the relay back in, and then unplug the computer. Then turn the key to run. If the pump starts and keeps running like it did before, there is a short in the wire from the relay to the computer. If...
  4. 2002 ranger 4.0 keeps blowing fuse 26

First I have heard of any codes. He had fuse 26 blowing.
  5. Need to find out....

They will throw your alignment off and give you very bad tire wear. If you do go ahead and use them, you will have to take it to a alignment shop. They may say they can't get it back in, in which case you will have to take the spacers back out.
  6. Bad Spindle Bearings & U-Joint

If you have ever replaced the wheel bearings in a trailer, you can replace the wheel bearings in your truck, same theme and operation. You will have to punch out the races and pack the bearings with grease. The axle shaft is more involved and more work. The u-joints can be difficult to get...
  7. 2002 ranger 4.0 keeps blowing fuse 26

Did you click on the attachment in my previous post? Seeing fuse 26 is only 10 amp, and is hot all the time, I am thinking it is for smaller chores like memory maintaining or some other small control function in these modules. I am thinking it is not doing any heavy weight chores like opening...
  8. I need help getting this bolt

Are you changing the mounts or pulling the engine?
  9. 2002 ranger 4.0 keeps blowing fuse 26

You unplugged the GEM, still blows the fuse. Can you find the restraints module, the instrument cluster, and the aux relay box 1? P.S. Looks like the one touch relay and several others are located in Aux relay box 1
  10. 2002 ranger 4.0 keeps blowing fuse 26

Not sure why messing with the window is affecting fuse 26. Here's a overall power distribution diagram showing fuse 26.
  11. Hazards work Turn signals do not.

The left side comes on solid? Or are they dark? If they are dark, pull your hazard switch up and down rapidly about 10 times and then see what happens. Those things get dirty over the years. And since you have been messing with it, you might have a dirty contact in the hazard part of the...
  12. Inconsistent tachometer

What are you using as a reference to what the rpm really is?
  13. 04 ranger bogs down 2nd gear

What happens if you rev it high in 1st, and skip 2nd and go to third instead?
  14. Dana 35 front diff pinion seal help...

That includes the fitting on the pumpkin? Not sure what your setup looks like, but on the rearends the fitting that had the brakeline tee has a hollow bolt that serves as the vent. That small hole in the hollow bolt loves to clog up.
  15. Snap on EEC IV scanner?

If you have a scanner that will output live data out of a EECIV computer, I would like to know which model it is. I certainly do not know everything, and didn't know they made such a piece. Unless it hooks in to the circuit board card edge itself. You are not going to get live data from a...
  16. Dana 35 front diff pinion seal help...

I looked back through the thread and didn't see it. Did anyone ask you about the vent for the axle? If it's plugged, all the seals will leak.
  17. Snap on EEC IV scanner?

You can do all the above with a testlight and a jumper. All of those fancy functions are already built into the EECIV computer. The code reader "scanner" may make it a little easier to figure out what is going on and give you numbers instead of counting the blinks, but all those features can...
  18. 2.3L (Diesel) Radiator gone bad

I was seriously thinking about buying one of these kits for my Bronco. I had a 1984 2.8 but had a 1986 2.9 radiator installed. The radiators were different and I had to splice the hoses for both applications to make it fit. What I liked about the kit below, it has different sized diameter...
  19. 2.3L (Diesel) Radiator gone bad

Do you have any fabrication abilities? Sounds like you are going to need it. My first line of attack would be to look at all the gas offerings in 1987 for a ranger. You would think they would be reasonably close to fitting the support up front. But that might make the hose hook-ups a pain or...
  20. D35 TTB beam angle

Having a different caster number side to side is one of the main causes of a vehicle to pull to the left or the right as you are trying to go straight.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad