• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Hale Ranger

Sniper 2 or Deuces Wild 2 bbl TBFI

Has anyone attempted to install either of these on an 83-85 2.8 Ranger? I am considering doing the duraspark conversion and install one of the TBFI systems on my 84.
  2. Hale Ranger

EGR Block off plate leaking

This is the block off plate I made from a 4" x 4" junction box cover from Home Depot.
  3. Hale Ranger

Distributor for a 2.8 Duraspark Conversion?

Contact Lisa - information below. Lisa Customer Service Manager | Cardone Industries Phone: 800-777-4780
  4. Hale Ranger

2.8L Duraspark Conversion

Try contacting Cardone again. Remind Lisa of the extra effort she went to for a guy in Tulsa OK. She got a small run of the distributor you want and sent one thru Advance Auto. HaleRanger Lisa Customer Service Manager | Cardone Industries Phone: 800-777-4780
  5. Hale Ranger

Looking for a 2.8 or 2.9 block plate

Have you considered fabricating your own plate? I needed a EGR valve block off plate for my 84 Ranger 2.8 when I was working on a dura spark conversion - converting the truck to the equal of a late 70's 2.8 which would not have the emissions stuff. You would need to find a piece of metal that...
  6. Hale Ranger

Where in the Sooner state did you get lost from? I am living on Tulsa time. :)

Where in the Sooner state did you get lost from? I am living on Tulsa time. :)
  7. Hale Ranger

Duraspark conversion.

What would be great to see is how clean the engine looks without all that vacuum and wiring that was removed.
  8. Hale Ranger

Honda K24a2 engine - Chevy 700r4 trans swap into an 84 Ranger

You made me think twice. Sounded like a destination I did not want to experience. :)
  9. Hale Ranger

I want to compliment you on the excellent picture of a 2.8 on an engine stand with a view of the AIR pipes you can't possibly see when the engine is in the truck. The Ford inventory labels are excellent proof that the AIR pipes are available. I am now aware of my erroneous statement that they...
  10. Hale Ranger

Thanks for your prompt reply. You are correct the 65 Mustang would have had points. My second car, a 65 Mustang 289 automatic coupe did have a distributor with points. Your knowledge makes me think you might be a Ford factory trained technician. That is meant as a compliment. Me I am just a...
  11. Hale Ranger

Duraspark conversion.

Thanks for the excellent reply. I'm sorry for the delayed reply. I did a google search for heat sinks and found a lot of options on eBay and amazon which included 3M adhesive just for heat sink applications. Again, I want to thank you for the idea of adding a heat sink. My project is on...
  12. Hale Ranger

Thanks for the excellent, very thoughtful reply. I have not been able to find a source for the "AIR pipes" that you referred to, which at this point would not be an option for me. The fix that many of your Ranger brothers find useful is to delete the smog system in total which requires an...
  13. Hale Ranger

I am doing an EGR valve detete. This means the intake manifold where the EGR valve was needs to be closed or "blocked". On my 84 Ranger 2.8 one of the EGR return lines from the exhaust manifold rusted out and fell off. This leaves two open points in the EGR system, 1) the exhaust manifold and...
  14. Hale Ranger

If you have an angle gringer, a multi-step drill bit and a EGR gasket from Autozone you can make one out of a 4x4 electrical junction box cover plate from Lowes. See the block of plate I made in the picture.
  15. Hale Ranger

Duraspark conversion.

Thanks to each of you for your comments. I do appreciate your contribution. :)
  16. Hale Ranger

Duraspark conversion.

Cardone has a "return & rebuild" program - give them a call. 800-777-4780 Customer Service
  17. Hale Ranger

Duraspark conversion.

Doing the DS II conversion on an 84 - where is the best location to install the coil & ignition module. Experience is better than experimentation. :)
  18. Hale Ranger

Duraspark conversion.

I called the Cardone customer service line and with a little favor they agreed to produce a 30-2691 for me and send it thru Advance Auto Parts. Got it today. Don't give up, keep on a knocking on the door at Cardone.
  19. Hale Ranger

I took an electrical junction box, 4" x 4" cover and traced the FEL Pro gasket on it and cut and drilled it to be slightly larger than the gasket. This is a heavier metal that what you have in the picture.
  20. Hale Ranger

Duraspark conversion.

Has anyone ever converted a Cardone 84-2698 to a 30-2691? Looks like you would add a vacuum advance and add Pertronix 1261 electronics to it. Cardone says the 30-2691 is not obsolete - I replied that if you can't find one it might as well be. :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad