• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Trippy

2.3L ('83-'97) 95-01 2.3/2.5 Head on 94 2.3 Block

I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I have been looking for a few hours now and cant find a straight answer. Can I safely use the the cylinder head from a 1997 -2001 2.3/2.5 Lima engine on a 1994 2.3 Lima block. The head gasket part number seems to be the same but the coolant passages...
  2. Trippy

2.3 rough running when cold

Just curious. Which wire?
  3. Trippy

2 lean banks and runs like crap

Welcome to TRS, Reads like a possible intake gasket leak. Do you have a way to get a vacuum gauge on it? The vacuum gauge readings can guide you towards a vacuum leak or clogged exhaust.
  4. Trippy

2.3 rough running when cold

I'm dealing with the same demon at this time. Not thread jacking, just trying to be useful. https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/2-3-stalls-during-warmup.182472/ Start with the basics. -Any Codes? even if the CEL is not on there might be codes stored that can be useful on...
  5. Trippy

2.3 Stalls during warmup

Compression numbers: #4-165 #3-165 #2-170 #1-170 One thing I noticed is that the thermostat may be stuck opened as the upper hose seems to warming up and pressurizing before it should. Seems like a long shot, but could that be causing this? Fuel pressure stays in specification when running (37...
  6. Trippy

P0352 after plug and wire change

If they are within the specification I would not replace them. I would check to see if the PCM is actually firing them by doing a spark test. If you have one of the old spark plugs and a spark plug wire you can test to see if spark is actually being sent to the plug. Take precautions so you...
  7. Trippy

P0352 after plug and wire change

Welcome to TRS, Did you test exhaust side coil? The exhaust side is the primary spark system on our setup. If you suspect the spark plug wire you can always test it https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Test-a-Spark-Plug-Wire/ Coil Test...
  8. Trippy

2.3 Stalls during warmup

Just to keep the thread in the loop. I removed the ECM to inspect it and found nothing obvious wrong with it. Capacitors look intact. Actually looks pretty clean in there compared to the rest of the truck. I was expecting to find mud inside the connector. I'm running the F47F-ADB, cheapest one...
  9. Trippy

What's This? Lost Vacuum line? Where's it Go?

FSM- Factory Service Manual, VECI-Vehicle Emissions Control Information. Your VECI will look similar except for the diagram and pertinent information. On my 1994 Ranger it is found by the radiator support on the passenger side. Good Source for Vacuum Acronyms...
  10. Trippy

What's This? Lost Vacuum line? Where's it Go?

I don't have access to that FSM but I found this image that might be helpful. The VECI sticker might also help you find the location for the hoses.
  11. Trippy

90 Ranger 2.3 Stalls when in drive after hitting gas then brake as low speeds

Try removing the hose from the brake booster and plugging it. Then set the car to drive with the parking brake engaged (so it wont move on you). Depress the brake pedal and see if there is any change to the condition.
  12. Trippy

90 Ranger 2.3 Stalls when in drive after hitting gas then brake as low speeds

Have you tried replicating the problem with the brake booster hose capped? Could be a leaking brake booster. Are the brakes hard to push? Is there a hissing sound when hitting the brakes?
  13. Trippy

2.3 Stalls during warmup

I drove it for about 40 miles today and it was idling really good when warm. The fact that it only happens when the engine is cold and the throttle is touched makes me think that is either TPS or MAF related. The vacuum readings make me think that a mechanical component (intake gaskets or valve...
  14. Trippy

2.3 Stalls during warmup

Ron, Thank you for taking the time to look into this issue. Your input has been awesome. Started with a completely cold engine this morning. -RPM went up to around 1800 at first -Within 10 seconds it dropped to around 1500 -20 seconds later it dropped to 1300 -It held at 1300 for about 30...
  15. Trippy

2.3 Stalls during warmup

Waiting for it to cool down completely now to time it in order to give an accurate answer. I didn't time it earlier, but it felt like the decrease in rpm was spaced out and not sudden. Should it stay at 1300 for 5 to 8 minutes and then drop or is it a stepped decrease in that time frame? Is that...
  16. Trippy

2.3 Stalls during warmup

Ron, Thank you for taking the time to answer. I went out and hooked up the scan tool and observed the rpm go up to 1300 and slowly come down to around 750-770. ECT voltage and temperature seem to move accordingly. I took out the new IAC to bench test it. Resistances were within spec and...
  17. Trippy

2.3 Stalls during warmup

My 1994 Ranger with a 2.3 Manual will stall and sometimes die during the warm up procedure if I hit the gas pedal, forcing me to have to warm it up to operating temperature before driving it. After it reaches operating temperature it has no issues as far as I can tell. The previous owner abused...
  18. Trippy

Newbie To Forum

Hi all, I recently purchased a 1994 Ford Ranger 2.3 Manual. I have been reading the forum information for a few days and finally decided to join. Shout out to all my northern AL peeps.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad