• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Woogie

1. Opinions on vinyl floor?

My little red tater. Second layer floor and back are done with the exception of some taped edges. I was probably way more meticulous about cuts and conforming to edges than I needed to be. I'll make decisions about whether I want to do the extended area sides and around the edges when the trim...
  2. Opinions on vinyl floor?

I'm doing a bunch of other upgrades while the interior is out so my progress is a bit slow. I pulled the blown factory amp and had to rewire the radio harness. I also replaced the OEM speakers because the foam surrounds were deteriorating. The seats had practically no foam left so I decided to...
  3. Opinions on vinyl floor?

Still working on my foam layer. The stuff I used has a foil backing so right now the inside of the cab looks like a baked potato. I had to order another roll to finish the roof. Hopefully that will come tomorrow. I think ACC is the only company making the floor for these trucks, so anywhere you...
  4. Opinions on vinyl floor?

It would probably not line up right after installation because the creases would continue to relax. After you've cut holes and put back the bolts it couldn't expand, which would leave wrinkles.
  5. Opinions on vinyl floor?

The soundproofing is turning out to be a much bigger job than I anticipated. Worst part is under the seats where there's a bunch of curves plus grommets and holes I don't want to cover. I'll post some pics once the second layer is finished. I'm on day 5 and about 10 hours in. I can't imagine...
  6. Opinions on vinyl floor?

I don't remember exactly what day it arrived but it was about two weeks. It was over the 4th of July weekend so it probably took a little longer than average.
  7. Opinions on vinyl floor?

First layer is done. Some people cover every square inch with this stuff but after about 25% of the panel being covered you hit the wall of diminishing returns. So I focused on the flat areas of the floor, back wall and roof and had a few pieces left over to put in the sides behind the seats. I...
  8. Opinions on vinyl floor?

Yes. I ordered it at the beginning of the month and it arrived shortly after the 4th.
  9. Yet another seat question

That would be difficult since the seats bolt to a slanted surface in front. Explorer seats are taller, at least the power ones are. You might try getting brackets off a set of manual seats.
  10. Opinions on vinyl floor?

I thought about spraying it with bed liner but without a floor the cab is super loud. Loud enough you can't hear the radio or hold a normal conversation. Plus the exhaust makes the passenger side footwell really hot on long drives. I had a box of candy bars sitting in the floor and during the 40...
  11. Hit the jackpot at the junkyard today

I'm going to convert my B2300 extended cab from manual crank to power windows and went to one of the local pick and pulls today to get the switches and door wiring. While I was there I found this nearly perfect headliner from a B3000 for $10. It has a few stains I'm sure will come out and one...
  12. Plugging jump seat bolt holes?

I'm putting down soundproofing material and it's better if the surface is flat.
  13. Plugging jump seat bolt holes?

I'm in the middle of replacing the carpet in my B2300 and have decided not to reinstall the side jump seats. I'm concerned about water kicked up from the tires possibly seeping through the bolt holes. Is it OK to fill them with silicone?
  14. Wanted Looking for side jump seat delete storage boxes

I don't have kids and want to swap out the side jump seats in my '95 for the little covered storage areas and the trim piece that goes under them. I'd prefer grey but will take other colors. Please reply or PM me if you have a set you are willing to part with. Thanks.
  15. PSA for those with 2nd gen Premium Sound wanting to bypass the factory amp

Tldr: The Metra 70-5514 looks like it plugs in under the kick panel but it doesn't. It plugs in on the amp side of the wire that connects there but is too short to reach where it needs to go. I recommend making a pigtail like I did with both ends of the amp wiring. You could also cut the kick...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad