• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ugltrk

1. ugltrk

purge valve/ charcoal canister fix

Between the canister, and the purge valve, did it because of cost of canister.
  2. ugltrk

purge valve/ charcoal canister fix

Had a purge valve code, pulled and cleaned, ran for a short time, did it again. Went to a local flea market and saw a small fuel filter($1) blew thru it , very little resistance, installed between the canister and valve...all was well, that was 2001...guess what, started doing the same...
  3. ugltrk

Soeedo swap

1996 3.0 5sp Ranger...I am in the process of swapping out the instrument cluster (96 Explorer w/tach) Will the speedo from the Ranger fit the Explorer cluster, that way I can just replace the gear on the trip odometer, without the hassle of resetting the mileage to match the old unit. Thanks Bill
  4. ugltrk

lube for 5 speed

The book that came with the truck says, Mercon ATF. It was recomended in another thread, not to use the "V" suffex because ti is too slippery, and will cause problems. My question, is it OK to use synthetic ATF? (1996 5 SPEED.) Shifting into 1st is stiff at times, all other gears shift OK...
  5. ugltrk

Dome Light

At the risk of sounding like a dummy, 1996 Ranger supercab....Where the heck is the switch that makes the dome light come on when you open the door? Could it be the time delay relay, if so,where is it? Could it be the outside door handle? Thanks...Bill
  6. ugltrk

When to change plugs

1996 Ranger Supercab W/ 86,000 book says to change @ 30,000 also states 100,000 tuneup, pulled one from each side to check condition both looks good, the step at the tip is still good, no burn/deposits. Also some models I'm told use different #s on right/left side (wanted to check that), same #s...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad