• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tw205

1. tw205

4wd spindles

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile/D28-Spindle-1983-89-Ford-Ranger/productinfo/92010/
  2. tw205

No Power to Fuel Pump

There is a fuel system test port. On the ecm diagnostic connector you can apply a ground to the test port and qith key on should run the pumps. The relay should have two power supplys 1 always hot 1 key on hot. The ecm supplys the ground closing the circuit sending power to inertia switch and...
  3. tw205

Bronco II rear sill fix?

I had this issue with my 89. I bought some sheet steel and made my own beam. When i drilled the holes thru for the mount bolts I over sized the holes and welded a piece of pipe in as a sleeve to prevent the bolts from crushing the tube. Worked well.
  4. tw205

Confirm my diagnosis

Presure is way too high. 40 is good key on engine off. Should be 32 to 36 running. The FPR does the regulating so it sounds like you are on the right path.
  5. tw205

INFO Parking Brake Problem

My rig is a BII and it has a 6" lift so I had to be creative running the cables. I'm not sure if they are in the factory position.
  6. tw205

Wanted Good running 2.3L engine needed in eastern Missouri/western Illinois

Any luck? I have an 85 ranger parts truck. The best thing about it was it ran well. Body is rusted and she hasn't started in a couple years. A tree fell on it and took it out of commission. It is a 2.3, 5 speed, 4x4, ran when parked. Was my brother's truck and he owned it for well over 20 yrs...
  7. tw205

INFO Parking Brake Problem

8. tw205

Erratic high idle help, please!

I was afraid of that. 95 was a change to a plastic manifold. I may have been leading you in the wrong direction all along.
  9. tw205

I got a picture of the intake manifold from rockauto. I put a red arrow pointing at the EGR port. I will still throw up some pictures of mine in the morning. This is for a 95 ranger 4.0 so yours may be a completely different beast.
  10. tw205

I would think so, but if I said yes, someone would probably tell me I'm wrong , so I won't give a definative answer. Your profile says Washington. Is that State or DC? I'm assuming state and the eastern side if you don't have inspections. Last I lived out there in the 90s they has by yearly...
  11. tw205

When I look your truck and egr parts on rockauto they look the same as mine or at least very close.
  12. tw205

It will be on the driver side I can send a picture in the morning. I live in eastern time zone so it's a bit late here. If the PO removed all the egr equipment he had to seal the port with something. If yours is like mine.
  13. tw205

It's a steel tube about an inch in diameter. Easy to spot.
  14. tw205

EGR tube enters the intake manifold immediately after the throttle body. It's a steel tube from the exhaust ( exhaust gas recirculation) it enters on the bottom side of the manifold. My rig is a beater and I don't have state inspections so I pulled the tube out and put a rubber expansion bolt...
  15. tw205

All this atarted after the throttle body cleaner? If it's the same as my 95 4.0, the EGR tube enters the plenum immediately after the throttle body. The port for the tube has a rubber grommet that seals the tube to the plenum. That seal may have been sealed before you cleaned the throttle body...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad