• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by trumpetguy

1. 2.5L ('98-'01) What have I missed?

So here is an update on my 2001 Ranger XL 2.5 Manual Transmission. Turned out the timing belt broke so a friend mechanic who put the second engine in about 2 years ago came and replaced the drive belt, water pump, serpentine belt, new plugs and wires and a couple of sensors. So now it starts but...
  2. 2.5L ('98-'01) What have I missed?

I will certainly try that. Also have you heard anything about a reset switch on the passenger side under the back flooring?
  3. 2.5L ('98-'01) What have I missed?

Not a dumb question at all but in this case I had just filled it up. Just two days ago I was trying to trouble shoot out AC spit system as it was the first day to use the AC. Of course I went about trying to find the reset switch, etc, and it turn out the breaker had been tripped! Duh!!!! Thanks...
  4. 2.5L ('98-'01) What have I missed?

So my 2001 Ranger XL 2.5 liter which has never given me the slightest of problems now has me scratching my head wondering what I missed in trying to troubleshoot the problem. First let me make it clear that I am not experienced in engine diagnostics at all so I usually ask advise from the local...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad