• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by T-Rey

1. 86 Ranger 2.3 Stall/Loss of Power Stop and Go Traffic

My 86 Ranger will start to stall and lose power during stop and go traffic during the summer. It is a 2.3 with a 5 speed. I mainly use it to haul trash and make short trips to town. I also will drive it about 45 minutes into a larger near by city a few evenings each week to carry my son to...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1986 Ranger Codes and Where to start

I have a ‘86 Ranger 2.3, 5spd, 2wd that runs well most of the time but will occasionally start to stall and or cut off while driving. It will start back if I keep it rolling kind of like a bump start. Sometimes it does it multiple times others it is a little miss then runs fine the rest of the...
  3. Been lurking for a while......

Finally decided to post. I currently have a 1986 Ranger XL, 2.3, 2wd with the 5 speed. I have had a few other Rangers(1), Bronco II(2) and a Explorer but all were 4wd V6. I have a tech question I will attempt to post in the correct area. Thanks for all of the information being shared here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad