• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ShotnVA777

1. ShotnVA777

'97 Ranger *Diesel Turbo* Build aka "LOTASMK"

The "new truck" is in route as we speak! An 8 Plug 1997 Ranger XL, Automatic, that will be converted over to a diesel turbo! :thefinger: I'm in the process of looking for a motor (already found a few, may try to find some form of "crate motor" - as i just got a 20k settlement for a bastard...
  2. ShotnVA777

Need Advice on '97 Ranger - Starting Issues?!

So, I purchased a 1997 Ranger XL, single cab, *automatic* (need something to get me to and from work and as a DD for this TERRIBLE traffic around my area! Ugh!) Not to mention the fact that I have a COMPLETE, SPARE 97 8 Plug sitting at the house - from where it was pulled out of my 97 XLT Single...
  3. ShotnVA777

1997 Ranger 2WD Turbo - M5OD-R1 weak point?

Can't seem to find the ANSWER to my question, yet theres PLENTY of threads on the subject.... Weird? I need to know the M5OD-R1's capabilities.....? ★Can someone give me the "LOWDOWN" on the STOCK 1997, M5OD-R1, 5 Speed Transmission?!?!?!★ I'm running a 2.3T out of a 1987 Thunderbird, with the...
  4. ShotnVA777

*simple answer* urgent help on la3 wiring harness "solenoid"!

'87-88 Turbo Coupe (LA3) WIRING HARNESS is what's being used... Trying to figure out if this is some kind of boost type of ordeal (I'll be using my own boost controller to "fool" the wastegate)! I personally dont think it is "boost regulated"... I BELIEVE its something like an EGR solenoid, I...
  5. ShotnVA777

WTH is this "SOLENOID" for?! A little QUICK HELP please?!

'87-88 Turbo Coupe (LA3) WIRING HARNESS is what's being used... Trying to figure out if this is some kind of boost type of ordeal (I'll be using my own boost controller to "fool" the wastegate)! Which I personally don't think it is.... I BELIEVE its something like an EGR solenoid, I guess the...
  6. ShotnVA777

"V8SPNKR" 1997 Ranger SVO 2.3L Turbo *CAUTION* (LOTS OF PHOTOS!)

★So... I've decided to start my build thread for my truck! I will keep this as SHORT and sweet as possible... I tend to ramble. A lot. Lol!★ **ALSO, if you don't see ALL the photos yet, its because I haven't got em ALL on photobucket! I'm trying to kind of "time lapse" it, so it all makes...
  7. ShotnVA777

86 Turbo Thunderbird Motor in OBD2 Range -. HELP!

So, I've decided to go TURBO with my Ranger build and buy an OLDER Ranger for the track and my high compression NA build (my 88 motor) I recently got a 1987-88 T-Bird Coupe motor, COMPLETE (other than transmission) and running at 69k. STRAIGHT STEAL! Now, I'd like to put this in my 97 Ranger...
  8. ShotnVA777

HELP - Wrecked Ranger and Need Advice!

So... Got into a "fender bender" last night. ACTUALLY, I hit the Accord in front of me DAMN hard! About a 35mph (brakes locked up) *BANG*.... I thought I had F'd my truck up for GOOD! Well, after looking over it this morning (once I had LIGHT!) I think I found my problem... .... If someone...
  9. ShotnVA777

I sincerely need help w/ NEW MUSTANG SEATS! (urgent!!!)

This is kind of an urgent question, as I need to get this done BY 4 PM! That said, I bought some mustang seats from a guy, ONLY $100 and in GREAT SHAPE! But I'm not sure how to go about "swapping the tracks"?! If looks as if when I take the tracks off the Ranger Seats, they'll be too WIDE...
  10. ShotnVA777

Check out my build list???

So, I acquired a 1988 2.3 longblock out of a Mustang not too long ago. With the intent to build a truck that can NOT ONLY handle, but also rev fast and hard, for a LONG time! :) I wanted it to NOT just be another lowered Ranger, with 29's and a sound system that fills every crevice of the...
  11. ShotnVA777

Possible Upper Front Sway Bar?

Has anyone ever fabbed one of these up??? Or do they SELL them anywhere?? Reason I ask, is because every CAR I get, that's one of my first additions to the suspension... as it usually doesn't cost much, but its benefits are ALWAYS awesome! It tightens up the steering A LOT! Nonetheless, we're...
  12. ShotnVA777

Will these pistons fit in '88 Mustang 2.3l?

Simple question, just need a simple answer... ONLY reason I ask, is because under the "applications tab", it says... "FORD Result 1 of 1 Make: FORD Beginning Year: 1995 Ending Year: 1997 Engine Type: L4 Liter: 2.3 CID: 140 Engine Size: 2.3L/140 Engine Family: Ford 4-cylinder Application Notes...
  13. ShotnVA777

Correct cam and pistons for my build???

As the title says... I need some opinions! You can check out my build thread below, in my sig, if u have ANYMORE questions! I have a 1997 Ranger that I'm building aa motor for... Its all stock, with 189k on the clocks! She still runs HARD.... ... BUT, I've grabbed another motor to build...
  14. ShotnVA777

"PCKNPLL" BUILD THREAD! NA @ 180hp!

That's the goal and I WILL achieve it... There's guys running these motors at almost 300hp around a track, wide open, at 7-8k RPM's ALL DAY! I know I can reach my goal with my 1997 Ranger that I initially picked up for a work truck (and still will be!), but I can't keep my hands off of...
  15. ShotnVA777

How to run ignition to new block and WTH happened HERE?!

I have my 88 Stang Block pulled apart, in the middle of doing so, I found this! CYLINDER 4's intake runner and all looked jacked and this was also there... This had slipped off, somehow... I fixed it tthough, it was TOUGH to do without taking off the cam! Ugh... So QUESTION #1 is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad