• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by schul274

1. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

Those look way better than the ones I got. They also look easier to install. Nice
  2. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

Jeff, Sorry I missed your post a few months back. I sold the truck (see post above), but last I heard it's still running strong. The "paint" on the headers was pretty weak, when I bashed the header in it was coming off from heating it with a torch, I didn't have a lot of confidence that they...
  3. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

All, I didn't receive notifications until today that anyone had posted here, sorry if I missed any questions or comments. Update on the truck: I sold it. It was too clean and low miles and ran great for me. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for and I bought it because of the opportunity. I...
  4. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

Thats great to hear. This was a really fun project for me, and I wanted to help others with my learnings.
  5. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

Hey guys, been a little bit. Just working through little bugs now. Had an issue with an O2 sensor, so I replaced both of those and am still working at fighting the small exhaust leaks from the headers. Question though, my idle is ~850-900RPM. Based on searching the forums, that's a little high...
  6. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

cleaned up the wheels and painted them this weekend. Took a lot of rust off, hit the rest with rust converter (hopefully saves them for a few more years of use).
  7. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

Hey guys. Another update. Took the truck out today. Mostly good, but I have some questions. Do these trucks have learned fuel trims? would having 2 dead cylinders cause it to stumble? When I first went WOT, down low, it felt like it stumbled a little and then got better as it revved up. I...
  8. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

I can't take credit for finding the heads. I followed this guy's youtube video as a starting point:
  9. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

I used king cylinder heads: https://www.kingcylinderheads.com/ I also used a full gasket kit from amazon (not the highest qualtiy) that came with head bolts: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MQ4OJGE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Headers are "ebay headers" or chinese...
  10. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

Well boys, i was worried about nothing! turns out my sweet blue spark plug wires weren't getting good connections. threw the stockers back in and it's running supper minty: I am very relieved. Oil change tonight/tomorrow, then I'll take her out for a rip. Thanks for all the help guys.
  11. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

I did, but not 5-6 times. Saw oil pressure, thought that would be good. Do the oil pressure "gauges" in these truck move? or are they just "on"
  12. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

Alright boys. I need some help. Got the truck fired up last night. Top end it clanking around. Louder than I think it should be. Has good oil pressure. Is this normal? I know some engines are loud until the lifters pump up. Any advice? Video of when it 1st started (it got louder after this):
  13. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

Looks like 4:10s LSD. Got alot done. Stuck now until I can get coolant and oil.
  14. 2000 Ford Ranger - 4.0 OHV - Cracked Cylinder Heads - Photos of head replacement

Ejay, I like to document and take lots of pictures. Helps me get through projects knowing someone else might use the info to help them. Ron, I will seriously paint mine red... if you pay for it. 1 Question for the peanut gallery: How do I know if I have an LSD? Its supposed to have the towing...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad