• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Retroboy1989

1. Just noticed a sale on Torsen units...

A little update on this. My Torsen now has about 600 miles on it. I have loved it. It really shines in partial traction situations like turning into traffic from a stop with wet roads. It's actually kind of fun to get on the gas and feel it hookup with no wheelspin. In the snow, it changes the...
  2. Just noticed a sale on Torsen units...

FWIW the FX4 torsen is preloaded which seems to be a somewhat unique feature to this model, so it will function to some degree with one tire in the air/ice. Preloaded Torsen Type-2 differential for Ford Ranger FX4 (Level 2) with 31-spline 8.8” rear axle. It takes far more effort to turn the...
  3. Just noticed a sale on Torsen units...

Yes, they accept the abs tone ring. 100% I purchased and installed one on my '04 Sporttrac (solid axle) It was a perfect fit and even the gear lash was identical reusing the same shims. @gw33gp positive comments on this and other threads about his Torsen helped me make the decision. I had...
  4. My New Cluster!

I was able to find a deal on a 2003 FX4 cluster. I have it installed now in my 1996 and I think the pictures speak for themselves! I am really happy with my new addition: The same place I bought mine from also had two more. I scooped them up to see if they could go to good use in the Ranger...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad