• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by r-hindl71

1. How do I get this seal in

Assuming you have the correct seal I have used a length of pvc pipe with a cap on it to drive in seals before, you have to make sure that the diameter of the pipe contacts the metal rim of the seal and does not damage the rubber.
  2. Who else here on the ranger station loves their ranger ?

I have an 2013 f-150 and a 1991 ranger, I perfer to drive the ranger because of the smaller cab where I can reach things more easily. I have doing some minor modifications to it, built my own exhaust from the cat back, used the tail pipe off the f-150, since I installed Magna-Flow on the 150...
  3. What did YOU do today?

The next day after I got home the Ranger would not start. Have been checking this problem out, Replaced the battery, it has always tested bad, but starting the truck so I have never replaced it before now. Still something was draining the battery. Found that alternator is causing the drain...
  4. Having an alignment issue

that is why I spoke about the ride height, something in either suspension is loose or as talked about with the alignment causing this. I can see where toe out would definitely cause this concern.
  5. Having an alignment issue

Jim, I can't tell from the pictures you posted but it appears that the ride height is shifting slightly and causing the visual effect that you have. With the twin I-BEAM suspension ride height changes the angles of the tires alot
  6. "Death Wobble"?

From experience of working the death wobble on super duty have found that sometimes you can not see play in the tie rod ends when wheels are off the ground. I generally had another person wiggle the steering wheel back and forth while observing the tie rod ends, I caught more bad ones this way...
  7. SOLVED: Code 41 O2 sensor issue.

While I was working as a Ford tech I offended found where the rubber elbow for the vacumn line to the pcv was brittle and had a hole in it You might to check there closely, that was the most common problem I found
  8. Converting from Auto to Manual 5spd

Since your engine has some electronic control I would recommend getting a new ECU for the manual transmission
  9. 97 F250 HD vibration

It appears you are on the correct path concerning the drive shaft or rear diff. From experience usually a bad u-joint with vibrate the vehicle when starting from a stop. That could also come from the carrier bearing. From your description that this occurs at a higher speed I'm inclined to...
  10. 2007 Ranger : Climate fan speed issue

Usually when a ford product has a problem with the fan speeds the problem is with the blower motor speed resistor block.
  11. 87 4.9 300 won’t start

Sounds like the solenoid magnet is not working at all which could happen if it came with the new starter, or the solenoid is not grounded properly

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad