• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by nutpantz

1. Very old trailer grease seal question

I inherited a old 1975 camping trailer from my dad. I've been using it on very short trips over the last few years.this week I decided to do the wheel bearings and seals. As I got everything apart I looked at the grease seals and they look like nothing I have seen before. Long story short after...
  2. can the m5od 2nd gear sync be replaced in b2

my 2nd gear sync is just about gone in my 1990 b2 can i fix it with out pulling the transmission out of the truck??? btw it will be the first time i have ever opened a transmission and tried to fix anything.
  3. Canadian 06 crown vic tranny

Buddy has a 06 crown vic ex RCMP car that the transmission is surging in 3rd and od. It is much better with the od turned off. No codes come up for the transmission. Any one know if this is a common issue?
  4. apple vs the world..

Samsung got rap#& in court by apple. It is a sad day for innovation and technology.however is a great day for protectionists.
  5. 97 explorer 8.8 4:10 gears worth $175?

I'll scoop it up then.. Thanks for the info.
  6. 97 explorer 8.8 4:10 gears worth $175?

Yes I'm new to fords and Ford prices.and honestly it's been 5 years since I took a torch to anything to make it fit like factory.. So I can pick up complete year end from a97 explorer with 225000 km (135000 miles) the door code for the axle is 42 which should be 4:10 gears conventional. I get...
  7. 90 b2, is the tach computer controlled?

90 b2 2.9 5sp, is the tach computer controlled or is there a tach wire to the distributor? My tach reading keeps changing (it might be doubled)... Sign of my computer going to die ? or need a new tach.
  8. Stupid 1354 low range questions..

Hello just had a few stupid (or maybe not so stupid) questions about the 1354 transfer case and low range. (I think the transfer case on the 90b2 is the 1354) #1 how fast is a safe sustained speed in 4 low? ie. how fast can I go for how long? #2 I have manual hubs, can I be in 4 low with the...
  9. How popular are 4:10 in 95-2001 explorers

I'm upgrading my b2 rear end to a explorer I would like to go 4:10 with disk brakes. All my local pick a part has are 3:73 ls.( which is what my b2 is now) should I just do the rear end upgrade now and wait to find a gear set.or just wait for a OEM complete unit at my wreaker ? Basically how...
  10. 98 explorer 8.8 for b2 question

Are the spring perches in the right spot if I use the explorer axle with explorer springs to bolt to the b2? (width wide, I know I should drop a bit going axle over spring,but I can live with that temporally) Just looking for a quick way to get my b2 on the road for winter (really hate snow in a...
  11. CV joint b2b drive shaft replacement

Is there any drop in replacement for the CV joint drive shaft in my 90 b2 m5od 4x4 factory unit? If not What's the best drive shaft to get to resize? (I plan to go to a explorer 8.8 disk Brake rear end come spring if not before is that affects my choice)
  12. Clutch bleeding

90 bronco 2 m5od Trans. All pretty much stock. I have a short bleeder screw (11mm 7/16) which from reading is next to impossible to bleed. My question... Can I just unscrew it right out and replace it with something I can use to bleed the system? Can I get one from a auto wrecker or parts...
  13. Stupid front hub question.

My 90 bronco 2 has manual hubs. I expect the are after the market. I was checking my brakes today when I pulled off the tire, the hub came with it... I was looking down at the hub suck in the rim...then I looked at the calliper and the splines and the long studs.. Then I pushed the hub from the...
  14. Drivers rear signal dead.

It worked last week.I towed a trailer and everything sorta worked. (trailer lights were wrong) next day driver side rear signal is dead. Bulb fine.no power in the back wires. Dead on hazard flashers and brake.. checked power at the back connecter dead.. Then the wire looks like it goes under the...
  15. Rpm at 50 mph

Just took my bronco 2 on the highway for the first time. My tachometer is not reading right. At 50 mph (80 kph) it reads either 2800 rpm or 1800 rpm... Which one is right? I have error code 41 coming up and I was going to replace the o2 sensor. But I drove 50 miles and only burned 5.57 liters...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad