• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MojoWorkin

1. MojoWorkin

Did I ruin it? *Now with pix*

Right... If I was to swap, I'd move perches, etc. Also, I finally got one from a Ranger, so I'm all set. Thanks, folks!!!!
  2. MojoWorkin

Axle swap by myself - Am I insane?

OK, kids - I've finally sourced a rear-end for my 97 Ranger 4x4. It's sitting in the bed of the truck, and I think I've hatched an ingenious (or delusional) plan to do the swap all by my bad-backed self. If I leave the wheels on and support the truck by the frame with the wheels barely...
  3. MojoWorkin

Explorer axle D4? At pick n pull now!

Yeah - I don't even weld, and I was skeptical when I read that. Well, I still gotta find a rear-end. I drove 120 miles 'round trip today, 3 Junkyards, six possible candidates. Some didn't even get opened before I passed on it. The best of the bunch, the one that I thought would be *it* turned...
  4. MojoWorkin

It's the welding that is tripping me up - I can get it done, but I'm weighing that against the possibility of finding a bolt-in Ranger rear which is proving elusive for less than $500. I found one, though. Prices are all over the place from wrecker to wrecker. Anyway, can you say more about...
  5. MojoWorkin

That axel seal blew a gasket

Thanks for all that. I'm not going to deal with that stuck pin, though. That rear-end is in pretty rough condition. If it was just an exle seal job, I'd have done it to get me on the road for a couple of weeks, but that busted bolt took all the wind out of that sail for me. Moving on. Unless I...
  6. MojoWorkin

I don't understand the question, but that's par for the course with me. The cross pin is stuck becase the binding bolt is broken. I've read threads about ways of getting the pin out, but I'm having trouble visualizing. I don't see how to drill/easy out the rest of the bolt without boogering up...
  7. MojoWorkin

I can get an expo from the pick n pull. I might run it with the shock mounts low. F150's have the 8.8? Axle length would be different, though right? How to drop the front? Just pull out spring spacer? I could do that. I'll think about it. I can't find a Ranger diff near me! I've tried. I'm...
  8. MojoWorkin

I am suffering from the dreaded stuck differential pin. Broken locking bolt about half way in. I read about this scourge and soaked it with PB for a few days. I think that may be the cause- PB only gets so deep, so the top end of the shaft twists while the bottom half doesn't maybe? Don't know...
  9. MojoWorkin

I agree that a bolt on solution is not ideal - Wouldn't use it except to patch it together until I can get stuff lined up. I have some other work that might need done, and would get it all out of the way at once. THANKS EVERYBODY FOR ALL THE HELP!! I'll keep y'all posted.
  10. MojoWorkin

Yep. Fingered that out - It just took me a while as I was the Pick n Pull. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on an Expo Rear-end once I line up a few things. I'm just settling down to do some research. This is what I'm looking to find out: Perches. It was suggested that I could run without...
  11. MojoWorkin

Bolt is out. I’ll have to check if it’s broken at the tip, but I think I would have noticed. Looked for a rear diff today and there are crap tons of explorer 8.8s, but I’m not keen to do all the work to make the swap. Now is not a good time to learn how to weld.
  12. MojoWorkin

No fore/aft play. Just rotational. At the junkyard now.
  13. MojoWorkin

Hi if anyone's around right now, I'm wondering if an axle code D4 in a Mercury mountaineer will work
  14. MojoWorkin

So... Would a failing bearing cause a lot of slop? Because it's sloppy. I am guessing that if yes, it's because a bearing is not holding something in place and keeping gears from engaging as positively as they should. Yes? I'd really like to be able to diagnose and address it. Aany help is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad