• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by madmax401

1. madmax401

code 14 pip - wont run

code 14 pip keeps popping up on me on my 88 f250 5.8 fi. every one else had similar problems with their 2.9 and replace all components. i too have replaced everything = new MSD pro billet distributor and then another brand new pro billet distributor. runs for a little while smoothly but not no...
  2. madmax401

Track bar info needed for fw d44

I need help figuring out just how im going to set up my track bar and steering. I have a full width d44 with coil springs . can you guys post some better pix of what you did and tell me what you bought and where you got it from ? the track bar that i have came from the f150 donor vehicle and is...
  3. madmax401

dana 44 question

I did find grade 8 m12's today. tomorrow i'll look for the 7/16 and grade 10. stronger is better (even if it's unecessary). got all of my coil mount holes drilled,now i'm mark the bottoms of them to match the contour of the frame and weld the bottom to the mount for a perfect fit to bolt up. im...
  4. madmax401

dana 44 question

thanx for offering the help. honestly, i need all the help i can get:pray:. i'll supply pizza -beer-steaks and possibly have some chicks over to flirt with. if you need anything welded.....bring it with and you can use my new hobart 140. ive been searching for frame bolts so i can mount the...
  5. madmax401

dana 44 question

the coil sprung 44 had 5 lug drums when i got it and i swapped on a set of gm spindles and stuff to make it disc ,so from what i've been reading .....it should be pre-76...i think. that pretty much narrows it down between 71-76 right? i have found absolutely no BOM numbers on the coil...
  6. madmax401

dana 44 question

sorry to confuse you :stop:i have two d44's that i need to identify . the d44 that was believed to have come out of a 68f250 your information says 69-77 f100and 150's. the other 44 i purchased from a junk yard,i found it underneath of a 80 something f150 stepside. a mid 80's stepside never came...
  7. madmax401

dana 44 question

well you found more than i did. it has 44-7f on it and your information tells you 100 and 150's. the guy that sold it to me said it was from a 68 f250. im thinking since your book only goes back to 69..........maybe they did use the 44-7f the year before the f250.
  8. madmax401

dana 44 question

these are the only pix that i have for this 68 f250 lp d44. i couldnt find the bom on the long tube, but i did find (9173a525) on the short side. there were'nt any numbers starting with a 60...... does this number help ? [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] I decided to go with a coil sprung d44...
  9. madmax401

gearing for 44" tires?

Hey ignerntkneece , id listen to these guys if i were you.the guys here care about their members ....and well some of them have some cool and wild ass rides,but they built them to hold up to what theyre gonna be using it for. if you lock that rear up on the road and slam into somebody and cause...
  10. madmax401

d44 coil perch question

where can i get them new ? i looked at ruff stuffs website and they had new mounts to weld on to my d44,but on top is just a flat round plate with a hole through the center. i was looking to find something to weld on there with little or no fabrication at all. my d44 is a full width f150 71-77...
  11. madmax401

r&r clutch master on a 96

what must i remove when replacing the clutch master on a 96 ranger ? i raed the bleeding procedures ,including the bench bleeding method for the master where you connect the lines and rotate the unit (shaft down ward) and (the hose facing upward). personally i just dont see the room to...
  12. madmax401

clutch issue-slips sometimes real bad

I just got this 96 super 4x4 3.0 5 speed 2 weeks ago. the previous owner said it needed a rear main seal and was leaking into the clutch disc causing it to slip. I dropped the trans,inspected everything and the clutch disc was dry. I put everything new- clutch/pressure plate/throwout...
  13. madmax401

flywheel service specs

does any body know what the service limits are for a 96 supercab 3.0 manual trans flywheel. i looked on the flywheel and there are no such runout specs. the vernier caliper read 1.265 . i also compared to a flywheel to a 2 wheel drive 3.0 flywheel that was craked, and that measured at 1.272. i...
  14. madmax401

i need 3.0 code info

I need code info for a 3.0 in the 96 supercab that i just bought. PO141 heater circuit failure ho2si2 P1000 OBD2 system checks incomplete PO603 internal control module KAM error sensor 2 bank 1 not reading 0 2 sensor C 1155 left front speed sensor circuit failure my friend ran the codes with his...
  15. madmax401

dana 44 question

im gonna check it again as soon as i get another wire wheel. that doing it by hand shit sucks. thanx man:)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad