• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Kags101

1. Kags101

Bronco II Leaf spring hangers.. HELP

Solved! Went and bought some 7"x4" chunks of 1/2" steel and 1/16". Got the hole locations marked and drilled half inch holes. for both sides. Bottom holes line up, I cut the Ranger hanger upper holes, and fabricated the little braces that link the upper and lower holes, rough cut pictured, then...
  2. Kags101

Thanks for the input guys. I'll call off the search, and get on building some spacers and using the ranger hangers!
  3. Kags101

All started with rear leaf spring replacement on my 1989 Bronco II XL. The old springs were sagged obviously. the shackles were shot, with no hope of removal. when attempting to remove the bolt for the upper shackle mount, the hangers started to twist. Further inspection found almost 50% of the...
  4. Kags101

4x4 Clarification required

Im a little confused with my 4x4 system. My 1989 Bronco II has Warn locking hubs. when I got my truck from my grandfather, he told me to ignore the 4x4 light on the dash because of the manual hub conversion, logically made sense to me, so I didn't think twice. The other day just for gags I...
  5. Kags101

Explorer Axle swap

Hello all, i know there is lots out there about this swap, including technical articles, but what I haven't found, is a definitive parts list. This weekend im out to the wrecking yard, as there is a freshly dropped off 1994 explorer. yes i know 95 had discs, but im not gonna pass up the 94 and...
  6. Kags101

Joining from Alberta

thanks! the badge is just the dealership from which it was originally sold to my grandfather. The hubs and the radio are the only thing not as it was the day of delivery!
  7. Kags101

Joining from Alberta

ill definitely make a thread for the build. most mods have been done, but theres very limited write ups, and even less so with pictures and recommended parts/methods for the less popular ones. it'll take me a bit to get used to navigating the forums and but ill update as much as i can over the...
  8. Kags101

Joining from Alberta

Hello all, I'm quite excited to be joining with my project. 1989 Bronco II XLT, that my grandfather bought new. it was DD'd throughout the 90's, and in the early 2000's was pulled from the road and plowed snow at the acreage a couple times a year up until now. it was undercoated early in its...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad