• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by johnv

1. Does this need a plug?

Was looking around at my wiring by my inside the cab fuse box and noticed a plug with nothing plugged in.
  2. 89 Ford ranger stx 2.9l v6

So I had my truck getting work done on it and seals replaced. Mechanic removed the sludge from the engine anything I need to look for when I start driving it again?
  3. Help

Not a good noise. Talked with the shop today said motor was blown. And it overheated. Couldn't tell cause temp gauge didn't work
  4. Help

Kinda leery of letting it run tho with the new noise it made the last time I ran it.
  5. Help

Well it only recently got milky. So should I get it sent to another shop to be checked?
  6. Help

What do you mean?
  7. Help

Oh makes sense. Well gonna probably get it towed to my house and have it sit in my garage for a bit. Where would I find a 4.0 ohv engine and compatible transmission?
  8. Help

Oh okay. And my buddy made a fair point he said did the shop guy say why I needed a new motor or what not. And all the shop guy said was head gasket blew and coolant in the oil.
  9. Help

Got recommended a shop by the tow truck driver and well says I need a new motor. Head gasket went and coolant in oil and bunch of other stuff $2000 in just labor cost to fix. And asked another shop how much for rebuild/ reman engine and install and they said $7500. So think I'm gonna sit on it...
  10. Help

Stuff I'm looking up seems like a mix of things. Like manifold gasket and water pump needing replaced and thermostat and maybe my heater too.
  11. Help

Cracked head means new engine right?
  12. Help

I was looking at another post from someone in a older chat on here and had similar issues and was the intake manifold gasket.
  13. Help

It's a white glob and I think that's from either when my pressure pusher sensor went it was a rainy day and when I did a oil change I used synthetic oil and rislone oil additive and Lucas oil stabilizer. When I pull the dipstick it shows milky and is less milky the second time I check it .
  14. 89 Ford ranger stx coolant disappearing

Gonna have a shop do a full diagnostic test on it when I'm paid and will have to see what they say.
  15. Help

2.9l V6 Ford ranger stx 89. Been leaking coolant and oil. Mostly leaking in driver side below power steering pump. Some coolant lost. No chocolate milk oil or white smoke from tailpipe except after just getting up to temp. Smells like gas .

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad