• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JerrySab

1. JerrySab

2.9L JBA Header Installation.

I had an absolute bear of a time getting the headers disconnected from the y-pipe, I was going in from above. somebody much wiser here said they go in from under the vehicle with extensions, and that was a breeze by comparison. ALSO, random, because I was too hamfisted, if you unbolt the...
  2. JerrySab

Found! '88 Ranger Intermittent Windshield Wiper Lever

Thanks for this! I actually yanked a functioning wand from the junkyard.
  3. JerrySab

Lower Intake Bolt Retorque

Thanks @gaz torqued these back up. can't believe how much they loosened up. That back one by the distributor was a PITA.
  4. JerrySab

Lower Intake Bolt Retorque

Hey gang, I'm in the process of closing out the latest project, which included new head and intake gaskets. The excellent write-up i followed, said to apply black silicone to bolt heads and stud nuts of the lower intake. Which i did. Last step would be retorquing the intake bolts after engine is...
  5. JerrySab

Voltage Drops

Hey gang, Doing some KOEO tests across wiring, wondering what numbers I should be seeing, particularly at ignition coil. New(ish) battery shows 12.55v at posts; KOEO at ignition, IAC shows 12v. Ignition coil shows 11.51v, which I would guess is no bueno. Should I expect to see a drop there? or...
  6. JerrySab

Distributor Cap Seal/Gasket

Great thanks gents
  7. JerrySab

Distributor Cap Seal/Gasket

Is there a rubber seal ring or gasket that sits under the cap? I seem to remember one during disassembly, but now can't find the dang thing. And my memory is trash so I could be imagining things also.
  8. JerrySab

1988 2.9l Ranger Starter Wiring

just being cautious because I didn’t have it correct initially. this looking correct?
  9. JerrySab

Torque Converter Seating

Putting a bow on it, TC was in fact NOT seated correctly. pulled motor out and got it thumped in the rest of the way before (hopefully) doing any trans pump damage.
  10. JerrySab

Torque Converter Seating

Great, super helpful y’all. 🤘
  11. JerrySab

Torque Converter Seating

Dropped engine in this afternoon after a comically long gasket replacement effort. I know the torque converter can be tricky to dial in. And, prior to lowering engine into the bay, I was pretty dang confident the TC was as far into the bellhousing as possible. Engine goes in, manage to get the...
  12. JerrySab

@RonD thanks so much! if I go from batt neg to the threaded hole on the front of the starter motor case, is that just as good? Or better to be directly on the bolt?
  13. JerrySab

Hey gang, I know this has been well covered but I just want to confirm I have it right. Does this illustration look correct? In my truck I believe the ground connection from block to chassis has been removed over the course of time. I’ve upgraded to 3g alternator and want to make sure I’m not...
  14. JerrySab

help with cooling system

Had the same issue! with blocked passages and mountains of rusty crusty crap. Take this with several large grains of salt. Maybe good plan of attack, maybe not? I'm happy with the outcome, but still mid-project. I poured evaporust into the block, being as careful as possible to not slop it into...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad