• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JayDeavor

1. JayDeavor

1989 Ranger I did a ton of work and I'm about to give up "need help"

UPDATE: I think I found the problem last evening. It was late when I came into the house so I didn't get a chance to update last night. Everything was fine up to yesterday. Didn't blow a single fuse. then all of the sudden the fuse blew and I was right back to square one with the exception...
  2. JayDeavor

Good Morning everybody; My apologies for no getting back with you yesterday. I will explain why and try to keep it as short as I can. Yesterday morning I got on and read your replies and was so happy and eager to try them in hopes that I could get my parking light short figured out. I printed...
  3. JayDeavor

wow. I am going to try everything that is mentioned here today. I actually got the circuit breaker fuses in the mail yesterday so I don't keep spending money on fuses. I will report back here in a little while and give you an update on what I came up with and what I did. Thank you guys for...
  4. JayDeavor

well I installed everything back to the way it is supposed to be and I also checked the wiring harness that runs from the power distribution box to the main connection into the cab and everything looks okay except the back of the turn signal socket. doesn't appear to beany wires touching but...
  5. JayDeavor

Eric; Yes, If I am correct the power comes from the battery and goes to the power distribution box. From there power runs through the harness that goes a long the front of the engine bay and back to the big round connector under the brake booster through the fire wall and connects power to...
  6. JayDeavor

Eric; I will install everything back to original tomorrow. If I am understanding, The fuse panel under the dash gets its power from the power distribution box under the hood. Since I have unplugged everything that had a plug and I still have the short to ground I am guessing that my problem...
  7. JayDeavor

ericbphoto Yes I am pretty sure it was a ground. The ground wire comes from the engine block and attaches to the frame inside of the passenger wheel well with a 10mm bolt. from there it continues up to the battery. There is a small wire that come from where it attaches to the frame up to...
  8. JayDeavor

I am at my breaking point, I have a 1989 Ford Ranger 4x4 with a 2.9L engine that probably should have been in its grave yard but I have a soft heart for the first generation Rangers. I practically rebuilt this whole truck from front to back. The truck was pretty beat up from a young kid that had...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad