• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Hoosier Daddy

1. Hoosier Daddy

What did you pay for your FX4 Lariat?

I got my ranger lariat FX4 this past spring at the height of the pandemic. Dealer advised me I could get the discounts/incentives or get 0% for 84Months but I could not get both. We punched the numbers both ways so I went with the 0% for 84. Ended up being about 41K. Love my truck.
  2. Hoosier Daddy

Fuel in Oil Problem?

I drive approximately 5miles to work (mostly city) each day so deffinately fall into the "short trip" catagory. My dealer advised me this is the reason for my issue which my phone call to Ford Customer Relations today backed up. I do hope the issue remidies itself. I'm going to start doing my...
  3. Hoosier Daddy

Fuel in Oil Problem?

Just got off the phone with Ford customer care. A very frustrating experience but at least I got a case number. To summarize Ashley (FCC) I should just drive the truck and give no concern to the fuel dilution and that it should quit at approximatley 35,000 miles.
  4. Hoosier Daddy

Fuel in Oil Problem?

I first noticed dipstick smelled like gas (I knew its fairly common for DI engines) then later noticed my oil level was actually rising on the dipstick. Truck has not displayed any other symptoms and has never "thrown a code" which was one of the reasons dealer claims nothing is wrong with it...
  5. Hoosier Daddy

Fuel in Oil Problem?

This is my worry. They keep kicking me to the curb until warranty is out. There are two dealers near me including the one I bought it from both are owned by the same company. I love the truck just not this issue with it. The dealer has made copies of all my lab results and supposedly put...
  6. Hoosier Daddy

Fuel in Oil Problem?

Latest update..... Latest report. Went a little longer this time and changed oil after 1600miles. Another 2.5% fuel dilution. I specifically asked Blackstone how long to go between oil changes (see their reply). My problem is the service manger says I'm the only one he's heard of with the...
  7. Hoosier Daddy

Fuel in Oil Problem?

So when I first got my 2019 ranger I monitored the oil and did my first oil change at 500mi (did myself). At that time I noticed the oil had strong odor of fuel. At the 1,000 mile mark I took to dealer had had them change and I sent an oil sample into blackstone labs. Came back 2.8% fuel...
  8. Hoosier Daddy

Show us your 2019-2020 Ford Ranger

Hello, new to the forum but not new to rangers. Traded in my trusty 2004 standard cab for this 2019 Lariat. This is the nicest truck I've ever owned but the 0% 84mo made it doable. Now I have to set down with the owners manual and learn about all the features.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad