• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Harv

1. 2005 Ranger grinding/rubbing sound at low speeds

Hello all, hopefully I asked the right forum but I have an 05 Ford Ranger 4x4 and recently I have a grinding/rubbing sound at around 10-20 mph, doesnt matter if im driving straight or turning. When I drive faster it goes away. My first thought was my wheel bearing so I bought the entire hub...
  2. Can I safely tow a Ranger with a Ranger?

Hello, I am looking into getting a parts truck for my Ranger however in the area I am in (Louisiana) I cannot find any decently priced parts truck. I looked in my parents area (Ohio) just for the hell of it and found a couple ones that I have my eye on, sure they have more rust but that doesn't...
  3. Strange whine coming from a 4.0L V6 SOHC

So today, I was running my Ranger to red line (6000 is when power cuts out) because I heard it was good for the engine. And between 4000 to 6000 I hear this whine which I think is coming from the engine. The best way I can describe it is that it sounds like a super charger whine, which last...
  4. Weird noises after shifting gears

I have a 2005 Ford Ranger 5-speed manual with about 137,000 miles on it, and I have been experiencing some strange noises. No idea if the clutch or transmission oil has been change. The 1st strange noise is a faint clicking sound I hear at idle when I engage and disengage the clutch, other than...
  5. Strange leak in 2005 Ford Ranger

Hello right now I have a 2005 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 V6 4x4 5-speed manual with 135,000 miles on it, and it is my first vehicle I owned. Long story short, I went to the gym, the truck sat in the parking lot for 4 hours, and when I came out there was wet spot on the pavement where I parked. It...
  6. New user from Ohio!

Hello everyone, I just signed up for this site because I just bought my first ever Ford Ranger (which is my first vehicle I ever owned) which I am very excited about! I have a 2005 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 V6 5-speed manual 4x4 with 135,000 miles. Haven't named the truck yet, so if you have any...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad