• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by GTOKID64

1. DJM Suspensions

The Aerostar used a manual rack from 86-89, then all power till 97. Im trying to get the dimensions to see if I can adapt to my 99.
  2. DJM Suspensions

Thanks for the info. I am going to investigate the Aerostar manual rack as a possibility.
  3. DJM Suspensions

Thanks for the feedback. Can I ask you another question - I have a 99 and am building this truck for drag racing only. I want to go to a manual rack - any thought on that? I can't find anything without custom fab.
  4. DJM Suspensions

I am considering using DJM upper and lower control arms on my 99 Ranger. Can anyone provide any feedback on their quality? Thanks
  5. DJM Suspensions

I am considering using DJM upper and lower control arms on my 99 Ranger. Can anyone provide any feedback on their quality? Thanks
  6. Manual Rack and Pinion

I need help. I am working on a 1999 3.0L Ranger that has a power rack. I am swapping in a stroked 347 for a drag truck only. I want to install a manual rack and pinion. What options do I have to do this? Is a Mustang rack an option? Thanks
  7. Hi

I figured I would formally introduce myself, even though I have posted here in the past. My name is Andy - I live in the Western suburbs of Chicago. I have 1964 Pontiac GTO - hence my ID. Last year, a 99 Ford Ranger, standard cab, XLT, 2WD, 3.0L (blown), auto fell into my lap. This was a Texas...
  8. Depower Rack

Thanks, I appreciate the input - I depowered a 91 Mazda Miata rack last year - there is a procedure on-line - basically you dissassemble the rack and remove the piston that separates the driver/passenger side on the shaft - then reassemble. Pretty common in the Miata world - nothing in the...
  9. Depower Rack

Hi - I have a 99 Ranger and am planning on building a dedicated drag truck for 1/8 and 1/4 mi bracket racing. I need some input on depowering the rack and pinion outside of looping the lines - unless that is the only way. I depowered a Mazda Miata rack last year by dissassembling and cutting out...
  10. Drag Truck

Hi - I was talking about a carbed 302, not the 3.0L - sorry if I was unclear.
  11. Drag Truck

Hi Stmitch Coil spring front end. I love your truck - can you tell me what was done to your 3.0L? How much HP are you generating? Ever take it to the strip? Thanks.
  12. Drag Truck

Hi - I got a free 99 3.0L Ranger with a blown motor. I am considering building a bracket drag truck. Nothing crazy - maybe 12 - 11 sec for now. It is worth building the 3.0L maybe with a turbo or whipple supercharger? I'm not sure if there is any performance parts available for the 3.0L - or is...
  13. Hello from Chicago

I have a 1999 standard cab Ranger and would like to build a drag truck for racing only - looking to hit the mid 11's to start - mainly for bracket racing. I'm looking to swapping in a V8/auto combo. I have a 7.5 rear end, so I will be replacing with an 8.8. I intend on installing a roll cage -...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad