• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by GearheadGrrrl

1. Traxxas TRX4M High Trail Edition

Just dug 'em out and remembered I had two of them, about 18 inches long so 1:10 scale-
  2. Traxxas TRX4M High Trail Edition

Not sure if they're still made, but about 20 years ago I bought a Ranger body, 1:10 or 1:12 scale IIRC.
  3. Ford Announced The 2024 Ford Ranger Today (5/10/23)

Meh... Some evolutionary minor improvements, but nothing exciting. And the 5 foot bed makes me want to put my '98 long bed back together!
  4. '98 4x4- How to replace lower ball joints without messing with torsion bars?

My apology for posting in the wrong thread, I was late catching my mistake and posted in the right thread, I should have deleted the post in the wrong thread.
  5. '98 4x4- How to replace lower ball joints without messing with torsion bars?

Doing some rehab work on my Ranger, Only 92k miles on it and the cab is pretty rust free so I've got the cab and box off so I can go through everything mechanical and repaint the frame so it'll be good for a few more decades. The ball joints aren't worn but the rubber covers are shot so I figure...
  6. Callsigns?

de N0EGF, did a lot of mobile out of the Ranger over the years. Best ever was Field Day, now silent key Laurie N0EEC and I set up on the MN/ND/SD border for Saturday afternoon. Was kinda slow so we headed home to Minneapolis about dark, on the drive back the HF bands opened up and we were busy!
  7. Best place to disconnect automatic transmission linkage?

Cable end came right off, the bracket was more of a battle. Thanks!
  8. Best place to disconnect automatic transmission linkage?

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
  9. Best place to disconnect automatic transmission linkage?

Pardon me, hadn't worked on it for a while and had forgotten it was a cable. I'm a little wary of just popping it off, some of the parts are either expensive or unobtainium if I break them.
  10. Best place to disconnect automatic transmission linkage?

I'm taking the cab off my '98 Ranger 4x4 with 3.0 engine and have everything disconnected but the transmission linkage. I'm trying to figure out the best place to disconnect the linkage that's easy and I won't risk breaking any unobtainum parts. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad