• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Franken5liter

1. Franken5liter

Delete 2.9L JBA/Pace Setter Headers

Found a listing on bolo motorsports website, link is below. Not much else out there but check eBay from time to time, I tend to get lucky on random stuff there if I look often enough. Use the PaceSetter P/N 70-1118 whenever searching, tends to lead to mkre hits...
  2. Franken5liter

Outlaw buildin!

Outlaw buildin!
  3. Franken5liter

About finished with Franken5.0 time to say hello

Its ok I guess. Its faded and is slowly removed each time I take it through the auto car wash but still serving its purpose to hide imperfections. I plan on re-doing it except this time spraying it with adhesion promoter and then a “higher” quality aerosol spray bed liner like Seymour or Raptor...
  4. Franken5liter

Well the thanksgiving break gave me a chance to address some lingering issues related to upper to lower vacuum leaks and some exhaust issues. Back in summer I found a 93 Cobra upper and lower intake, 70mm TB and a pair of GT40P heads for $500 so I jumped on it. Got the heads rebuilt, decked and...
  5. Franken5liter

Just saw this after way too long away from this feed. Unfortunately I am way too unfamiliar with the 2WD setup to say for sure. I do remember reading that the 2WD doesn’t support the plug n play Ex 5.0 swap because of suspension issues but details escape me. Hope you were able to get an answer...
  6. Franken5liter

Looking for a A4LD

Thats a good price!
  7. Franken5liter

1988 Mildly sort of rare Shotgun Custom

Thats a great idea, thanks hadn’t thought of that!
  8. Franken5liter

46k mile 1988 Ranger “Outlaw” 4x4 Restomod and Build

19Oct2020 Update: Still haven’t coated frame, my first 99 rust Ranger is acting up so some time there but made the following progress/wins- Scored a FRPP 93 Cobra intake and another set of GT40P heads for $500!!! Cleaned up, resprayed and added a new emblem Spent way too much time grinding...
  9. Franken5liter

14SEP2020 Update: Sprayed the tops of the inner wheel wells with black satin vinyl dye and they turned out pretty nice. Finally got the 3” body lift and poly mount bushings in. Of course the the bolts dedicated for under the core support did NOT work. 😂 Got some hardened all-thread that did...
  10. Franken5liter

Updates: Por 15 metal prepped the back half of chassis and finally got the core support bushing mounts off... what a pain, took all the tools and three different methods between Jar Head Monk and myself to get those ?*@&s off!
  11. Franken5liter

Ha! Comment reminded me of an old salt who used to say “Seal a hole? Yup any port in a storm!” haha its a kinder gentler DoD now. I think 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️
  12. Franken5liter

But I did finish the second coat of por15 chassis coat black and got the dash cap on. After the silicone on the floor plugs cure, the carpet finally in what feels like forever will go in. A quick spray of por15 top coat on the Radiator support and higher level visible areas is in order as the...
  13. Franken5liter

Thank you Sarg! Actually I did buy that plug, it was for a different hole/location... I’m like wtf!? Anyways I gave up and used a a blanking grommet that I reinforced both sides of with custom cut pieces of kydex (sp?), I epoxied them to the grommet faces and then ran a silicone bead around the...
  14. Franken5liter

1st gen floor drain plug part number?

Arrrgh!!! Helpppp!!!! Haha I’m stuck trying to find replacement plugs for a 1st gen floor pan, 1988 Std Cab 4x4. Any info in terms of part numbers or interchangeable vehicles??? The oval hole bore measures 3” x 1.5” (pic attached) and I cannot find the right one! LMC sold me something that fits...
  15. Franken5liter

Need help with a question about new seats in my 99 XLT

Hey Tom, I installed power Explorer seats in mine the same way I would power an amplifier from the distribution block and a 20A fuse; grounded to the frame via the seat hole. Alas but possibly most importantly I bypassed the huge settings/memory module under the seat and connected the power and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad