• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

About finished with Franken5.0 time to say hello

Franken5liter

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
31”
How's that Herculiner holding up on the lower panels? I want to do something similar as well as around the wheel wells where the fender flares rub on the fenders.
Its ok I guess. Its faded and is slowly removed each time I take it through the auto car wash but still serving its purpose to hide imperfections. I plan on re-doing it except this time spraying it with adhesion promoter and then a “higher” quality aerosol spray bed liner like Seymour or Raptor liner.

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hows the truck been doing? How many miles you have on it now?

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well the thanksgiving break gave me a chance to address some lingering issues related to upper to lower vacuum leaks and some exhaust issues. Back in summer I found a 93 Cobra upper and lower intake, 70mm TB and a pair of GT40P heads for $500 so I jumped on it. Got the heads rebuilt, decked and a valve job for $450 a few months back at the same machine shop here in IN that built my outlaw 5.0. The Cobra intake was immediately earmarked for the outlaw 306.
Long story longer I replaced the entire top half of the engine and she is running like a top! First time ever she’s purred like this and sounds absolutely heavenly at all throttle levels. Definitely sounds like a mean little demon bee-aw! When I had her all tore down I was able to verify cross hatching still on the cylinder walls after 140k+ miles. These are absolutely durable engines... Ford sure as hell put together a great platform (Exploder 5.0) even if mileage/efficiency can’t compete with the newer direct injection designs. Here’s the pics including a shot of the Outlaw 306 with the cobra intake and my custom painted 86-93 aluminum valve covers.View attachment 52383View attachment 52385View attachment 52384View attachment 52386View attachment 52387View attachment 52388
My engine had 142k on it. Thw cross hatches looked like they were just done! So I left the bottom end alone and built everything else

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals