• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Forcus

1. Forcus

Brake Dust Shield - See Link

Hey guys, Can I run without the item marked as "12" in the LMC Catalog: http://www.lmctruck.com/ICATALOG/FR/full.aspx?Page=122 I disassembled, cleaned, painted my front suspension and they were rusted to h*ll. Same with the rotor / dust covers. Those puppies are $37 each so I'll only replace...
  2. Forcus

Removing Smog Pump

Hi guys, I am removing my smog pump for "off road use only". I originally thought I could use a 5.0 Mustang smog pump eliminator but it 1) uses a serpentine belt pulley and 2) uses a pulley that presses on a shaft and is not secured with 3 bolts like the original. I believe I can run a shorter...
  3. Forcus

Anyone know the ball joint thread size?

Good ball joints, but ruined the lower nuts and the upper castle nuts taking them off. They look like M14 fine thread but was wondering if they are SAE 5/8" fine thread (neither of which my hardware store has). Brian
  4. Forcus

I'm an Idiot - Rod Caps

Well, my Ranger project went on hiatus. I resurrected it, starting with the engine. I started putting the shortblock together and realized that some of the caps have the bearing shell "tangs" on the same side, and some on the opposite side (with the way I put it up). On further investigation the...
  5. Forcus

Need answer quick - 2003 Edge 3.0L 4x4 MPG

Hey guys, test driving a 2003 Ranger Edge 4x4 3.0L 5 speed today and I need to know the expected MPG. That might be the only thing holding me back from purchase. I already know the 3.0L is somewhat a turd of a motor (in my opinion) but willing to forget that as the truck is extra clean and...
  6. Forcus

U-bolt / Bushing / Misc Questions - Gen 1 / 2

Hey guys, starting to put my truck back together with newly painted parts (started the frame off "resto" 6 weeks ago). I am looking for suspension bushings and U-bolts now. Here are my questions: 1) Can I use the newer one piece (inner sleeve / bushing / outer sleeve) bushings in my Gen 1 (1984...
  7. Forcus

Having trouble getting diff cross pin out - 7.5

Hey guys, have my Ranger torn down to just the frame and I am restoring components now. Decided to pull the axleshafts and check the seals and bearings, but have to remove the cross pin. Took out the bolt and find that I can drive it 1/8" at most before it doesn't move further. Easily slips back...
  8. Forcus

Factory Tape Stripes for Two Tone Trucks

Hey guys, looking for factory tape stripes. All I've found so far are 1" one color stripes that I can put a second, 1/4" tape stripe on to approximate the original stripe. These are for an 84 Ranger and are similar to the 80-86 Ford truck tape stripes that were very popular for two tone trucks...
  9. Forcus

Just wanted to say hi

Hey guys, I'm in Sparland IL which is across the IL river from Lacon, IL, or about 25 miles N of Peoria. I have a 1984 Ranger that I bought thinking it was an excellent original with low mileage. I found out later (looking closer, without my new / used vehicle afterglow) that it had actually...
  10. Forcus

Found a '74 Capri 2.8 in the JY....

Was wondering if I can use anything from the Capri. I was pretty excited at first and then read the 72-74 Capri's use a points-type or primitive electronic ignition - Not the Duraspark that we all want. I didn't have tools to pull the air cleaner and take a look, and won't have a chance til...
  11. Forcus

Looking for a receiver / D ring type bumper - not prerunner

Hey guys, does anyone make a 83-88 front bumper and / or an 83-92 rear bumper with d rings and a receive hitch similar to the below? http://www.4x4products.com/web%20page/images/533.jpg The d rings can be added but the only bumpers I have seen for 1st gen / 2nd gen trucks are the 'pre-runner'...
  12. Forcus

Paint Codes 9Y and 9P?

My Ranger (see avatar) is a 1984, two tone brown and tan. I am relatively certain that these were the original colors. My VIN tag shows 9Y and 9P as the colors. However I cannot find these codes ANYWHERE. Do you guys know anything about these codes??

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad