• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by dragford68

1. 4.0 leak

Does antifreeze leak if the front timing cover gasket is bad?
  2. 4.0 leak

Looks like a small hole where the timing chain cover bolts to the block. Gonna pull the front cover and see what the hole is.
  3. 4.0 leak

I have a 98 Ranger 4.0. I have a major coolant leak that comes out from behind the AC compressor/PS pump. I replaced the lower intake thinking that was the problem, and when I took it off, the end rail sealant in that front corner looked suspect. Got it all back together, runs good no leaks...
  4. 98 AC not working

I do not have gauges and I just checked both of the connectors on the compressor and my test light did. It go on.
  5. 98 AC not working

I have a 98 4.0. Just finished intake manifold gasket repair. During that, I moved the AC compressor to the side, leaving the lines hooked up. Put it all back together, and while it runs great the AC won’t work - clutch not engaging. Pressure from the port to put refrigerant in says it has...
  6. Coolant leak

Update I can hear it hissing today after I shut it off. The sound is coming from that same area - down underneath/behind the AC compressor and PS pump. Lower hose not leaking or wet.
  7. Coolant leak

98 4.0 OHV. I have a coolant leak that is hard to determine exactly where it is coming from. Drivers side of the engine, straight back from the edge of the water pump (which is new because I thought it was leaking). It is coming from somewhere behind there and it’s pretty substantial. I...
  8. 4.0 OHV oil leak.

Im a little late to this post, but did the fix work? No leaks yet? ANd when you say you dropped the passenger side exhaust only, did you drop the y pipe and then take the passenger side manifold off?
  9. Newbie swap

So i have a tired 4.0/manual in my pseudo Mazda/Ranger 2WD. I have a 289/C4 combo I'd like to swap in. In reading a lot, here is what I came up with. Everything will fit and I can use the old 289 exhaust manifolds. Transmission will fit with a bit of firewall massaging to get to bolts. Also...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad