• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by dper299

1. dper299

Steering Line's

Could someone please confirm the correct power steering lines connections for a 99 Ford Ranger 3.o V6 rack and pinion steering. The Top Line should be going to the cooler low pressure and the bottom line is the high pressure line coming from the pump.
  2. dper299

Conection of Power steering line's

Could someone please confirm the correct power steering lines connections for a 99 Ford Ranger 3.o V6 rack and pinion steering. The Top Line should be going to the cooler low pressure and the bottom line is the high pressure line coming from the power steering pump?
  3. dper299

Power steering pump flow

99 Ford Ranger power steering pump only has Flo / circulation when RPMs are increased no flow or circulation at idle speed. Any ideas or does the pump need to be replaced thanks in advance
  4. dper299

New rack and pinion Loss of power steering

Just bled the system for a third time. The power steering pump only has flow under high rpm no flow at idle which explains the hard steering while stopped . So based on that I'm going to guess it's a pump problem.
  5. dper299

Its a re-manufactured auto zone
  6. dper299

Just installed a re-manufactured rack and pinion from auto zone along with new power steering lines. After bleeding the system and refilling with mercon 5 trans fluid & taking for a test ride power steering has gone away after 3 turns. Steering turns freely when jacked up in the air but once...
  7. dper299

Heater/Ac blower speed

Just replaced the rotted out blower motor resister and pig tail Only had high speed, Now Only 3 of the four speeds are working, The slow speed is not working, Tried a new fan switch still nothing. Any ideas on where to go with this.. Thanks
  8. dper299

Rugged Ridge Hubs

Hi all I just purchased and attempted to install a set of Rugged Ridge Manual locking hubs on my 99 Ford Ranger. Here is what happened.+. I have 1 wheel that I cant get to unlock when I switch it to Free , And the other wheel I cant get it to lock at all. Both hubs were installed per...
  9. dper299

ABS Light Comes on

I have a 99 Ranger XLT 4x4 Replaced a bad front abs sensor, Now what happens the abs light comes on after moving about 100ft, Does anyone have any ideas.. Thanks
  10. dper299

Bad Fan Clutch

I have a 99 ranger with the 3.0 Flex motor. With the engine off the fan turns with same amount of movement/ resistance at operating temp as it does when it's cold . Should I not be able to move it at all once the the engine has become hot ? I am guessing the clutch is bad ? Any help is...
  11. dper299

Confused 4WD

I have a 98 Ranger 4x4 and I thought I had a good idea on how the 4x4 works, but now I am starting to doubt myself.. I know that when you shift it into 4x4 the transfer case motor engauges the transfer case, which in turn locks the front drive shaft.. Now here is were I am lost, The front shaft...
  12. dper299

98 Vacuum Hub's not engaging

I have a 98 ranger XLT 4x4 w/ 142,000 miles. I recentley had both front hub/bearing assembly's replaced. My problem is that when I shift into 4wheel the transfer case ,drive shaft and cv's engage but the front wheels do not. I jacked up the vehicle and both front wheels spin freely when...
  13. dper299

Flickering Lights

Hey all ,My question is? I have a 98 Ranger 4x4,4.0 v-6 ,My problem is when it is cold out and my truck sits for about 4-6 hrs after it starts (no problem) all the lights will flicker at idle for a few minutes until the truck warms up,or if I bring upthe revs,then they stop. If it's warm out...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad