• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Dar70

1. poor mpg...

nh2123. You are getting about what you are supposed to. The best I got with mine(and its an auto)was 27mpg mixed driving but I was driving like a grandpa. I can gurantee that anyone who has gotten 30mpg with mixed driving, has no ac on, no weight in the back and driving below the speed limit. Or...
  2. 09 Ranger Noise when cold

When it gets really cold I start mine up in the morning and let it run for about 5 minutes. Theres always a noise tapping/ticking when first starting it in the cold. It goes away after it warms up. I wouldnt worry to much. Mention it to your service provider next time you take it in.
  3. disappointing mileage

You are getting right where you should. As mentioned above our trucks get 19 city/24 highway the 4.0l without 4x4 gets 16c/21h. (That was with the revised epa rating a few years ago. Originally before 2007 it was rated at 21c/26h.) You should be able to do a few more. I have managed 27 mpg...
  4. 2.3L exhaust droan and vibration

I just had the TBS work done today. I had alot of exhaust noise as well as a rattle. Thats why I had it done. Exhaust noise and rattle is completely gone now. The vibration never really bothered me but its has been significantly reduced. The vibration of course is mostly felt through the...
  5. duratec focus same engine as a duratec ranger?

Just trade it in for a v6 if you want more power.
  6. Duratech Decals

Anyone know were I can get a nice duratech decal for the rear corners of our Rangers. I would like to put one where we see all the FX ones on the 4x4 rangers.
  7. This is why I hate having a NEW vehicle..:(

My 2008 Ranger suffered not ONE but THREE flipping dents on the passenger rear box panel today.:pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff: :pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff: :bawling::bawling: Im someone who tries to take care of...
  8. Pics of stock duratechs with 30" tires???

Thanks Jax. So were talking about a 6 mpg loss with the stock 4.10's and 4mpg back after you got the 4.56's installed. Did you have it done. If so what is the cost?
  9. Pics of stock duratechs with 30" tires???

Man you need to take some pics. How is the gas mileage??
  10. Pics of stock duratechs with 30" tires???

Im wondering if anyone has pictures of their stock duratechs with 30" tires. I was thinking 31's but they look to stuffed. Im assuming 30's wont look as stuffed. I havent been able to find to many pictures here so far. One or two but they are always on an angle it seems.
  11. Pictures of stock duratechs with 30" or 31" tires

Im wondering if anyone has pictures of their stock duratechs with 30" or 31" tires. Im debating on which size to get. I know the 31's will rub at full wheel lock but would really like to see what they look like compared to the 30's. Im thinking 30's, Im assuming they wont look as stuffed. I...
  12. 2008 2.3 w/automatic idles rough

:icon_rofl: Thats a good way of looking at it.:icon_cheers: I dont hate it but it does make it hard to hear if something is going on with the engine thats not good. Besides its only rough at idle, when driving it is actually not bad.
  13. 2.3 duratec engine max speed limiter

Really though why would you want to remove the speed governor??? These trucks are unsafe at high speeds.
  14. 2008 2.3 w/automatic idles rough

Its normal. It will vibrate quite a bit at stoplights and is very loud. I thought something was wrong at first as well. You wil get used to it. I have and actually like it now.
  15. Test Drove the 2.3 Ranger

Yeah they are advertising the barebones version for that. BUT they usually either dont have them in stock or you dont meet all the qualifications to get it at that price. My buddy has tried twice now with two diffrent ads and they always give him the run around. Hes now convinced the ads are...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad